Anybody ever dealt with CJ Pony Parts?

1987Rock

May 2, 2007
Anybody ever had any bad experiences with Cj Pony Parts? I ordered a set of wheels and tires from them and they're giving me all kinds of bull@#$% about why the wheels haven't been shipped. It'll be 2 weeks at the end of this week that I ordered them and they haven't even been shipped.:notnice:
I've called them two or three times and each time I get told a different part isn't in; either the front 9s or the rear 10.5s or the tires...:mad: I wish they would get their story straight.
They've also told me each time that it'll only take a couple more days, it'll only take a couple more days and today they told me it's gonna take till the end of the week before they get shipped. Not to mention the 4 or 5 days it'll take to get to me in Georgia from Pennsylvania. I understand that it's a supplier issue, but this is rediculous when Wheel Replicas can ship out some wheels today.
I sent them an email complaint and next I'll be talking to the manager...if that doesn't do any good, I'm gonna cancel my order and go to wheels replicas for some FR500s...but I really like these bullitts, so hopefully they can sort it out.
BTW, here's the wheels I'm waiting on.
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S2F00YL8F472152474350s~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000016d
17x9 255/40/17 Sumitomos and 17x10.5 315/35/17 Sumitomos

Sorry for the rant, but it's really starting to piss me off.:uzi:

• Sponsors (?)

I have dealt with them and even been to their store and it is awesome. Their prices are a bit higher than other places but I always got first class service from them. I guess that doesnt help..

see, that's what I've always heard and they seem like a first class business...but this is my first experience with them and it hasn't been good:shrug:
I guess it could be a fluke...that would be my luck

I'd take it straight to the mgr and tell him or her your expectations and see if they match up with theirs. Tell them you are getting frustrated.

+1 I had a brake pad issue with another company and got the run around from two different supervisors. Once I got their boss, that boss apologized up and down and sent out new pads to me that same day for no extra cost. Then she asked if she could use my case for training purposes on how not to handle customer claims... Sometimes you just need to talk to the right person, and be very upfront and firm. I wasnt a dick, but I didnt back down when they started making excuses at first. :rolleyes:

i bought some stuff off of them at the englishtown swap meet. they were actually pretty nice, and some of the stuff i was thinking of buying, wouldn't fit, they told me the stuff wouldn't work without modification, instead of having me buy it and find out when i get home that it didn't work.

i definitely think i'm going to buy more this fall swap meet this sept from them.

i'm like 1.5 hour from them and have gone to their place on numerous occassions, bought all kinds of stuff, and have gone to their customer appreciation shows. their service is great, their prices are a bit higher than some places. like said before i would just talk to someone and explain what they have been telling and ask for a firm answer.

I bought a set of ultra clear cobra fog lights from them and they literally started melting... the chrome inside bubbled up and now the one leaks water and actually broke the bulb. I'm just too lazy to call and complain.

Well, I didn't go to Mustangs Unlimited cuz they're a little more expensive and I really liked this set of wheels...
I called today and told the guy to get the story straight and that I was going to cancel the order otherwise and he said that the wheels WILL be there by the end of the week, so we'll see.:shrug:

i'm like 1.5 hour from them and have gone to their place on numerous occassions, bought all kinds of stuff, and have gone to their customer appreciation shows. their service is great, their prices are a bit higher than some places. like said before i would just talk to someone and explain what they have been telling and ask for a firm answer.

how is the place? i am going away next week on vacation, and PA is one of the states we're driving through, so i'm thinking of mapquesting it, seeing how far out of the way it is.

i'm hoping its like the toys r us for mustang people. hahaha.

this is where they ship from and everything right? so everything you can get online you can get in store?

how is the place? i am going away next week on vacation, and PA is one of the states we're driving through, so i'm thinking of mapquesting it, seeing how far out of the way it is.

this is where they ship from and everything right? so everything you can get online you can get in store?

offtopic- where are you driving to?

well, we're going two places, niagara falls, then come back to jersey for a day, then go to virginia for a week.

i mentioned it to the parents about stopping at cj, and i looked on their site and they dont appear to be open anyway the day we're driving. so i decided when i get back from vaca. the next saturday go to cj pony parts and buy some stuff.

Yeah, this is where it's based out of. Honestly, I was not impressed, but I would recommend going there and seeing what it's like in person...I would if I was going through there even after this fiasco.
Have you ever been to a Summit store? We've got one in Ga and it is the Toys R Us for cars:nice:

Yeah, so the manager definitely told me a third different story so I told him to either give me a discount to keep my business or I would cancel and go to wheel replicas.:chair:
So that's what I did. I'm gonna order the special from Wheel Replicas that are 18x9 and 18x10 with 245/275 Nexens for $899! That's a steal anyway:spot:
I talked to the guy and he said they've got everything in stock and can ship tomorrow and they'll be here by the end of the week:D
I'll post pics whenever they new shoes get here

Yeah, this is where it's based out of. Honestly, I was not impressed, but I would recommend going there and seeing what it's like in person...I would if I was going through there even after this fiasco.
Have you ever been to a Summit store? We've got one in Ga and it is the Toys R Us for cars:nice:

nah i haven't been to one. it seems there are 3 different ones, the georgia one being the closest.

next time i am down that way i'll have to make a note to stop in there. i am so lost on their site because of all the stuff they have. i couldn't imagine how awesome the actual store is.