Anybody ever use the car lifters for the garage ?

Just wondered if anyone here has used the car lifters that you see advertised in some of the car magazines. If you did use one...what height was the garage and what size car did you put under it. I am considering getting one instead of expanding my garage at home. I have to measure it again but I think the height of the garage...floor to ceiling will be 10 ft maybe 10.5 feet.

• Sponsors (?)

If you're talking about a drive up on to lift, I have a Park lift that was very reasonably priced and put everything on it from my 67 Mustangs to my Expedition with no problems.

Basically do the math on your height. Look at how high the advertised lift goes, add the full height of the tallest vehicle you plan to put under and on it and see if you have any roof left.

My ceiling is 14 feet high, so that wasn't a problem. You should be ok with the 10' ceiling because you rarely if ever would need to raise it all the way, and you only need about 5 feet underneath to park the average car. Width shouldn't be a problem.

firepig said:
If you're talking about a drive up on to lift, I have a Park lift that was very reasonably priced and put everything on it from my 67 Mustangs to my Expedition with no problems.

Basically do the math on your height. Look at how high the advertised lift goes, add the full height of the tallest vehicle you plan to put under and on it and see if you have any roof left.

My ceiling is 14 feet high, so that wasn't a problem. You should be ok with the 10' ceiling because you rarely if ever would need to raise it all the way, and you only need about 5 feet underneath to park the average car. Width shouldn't be a problem.

I realized my wording could have been more descriptive. I definitely have to do the math and see if it will work out. I can't add on to my garage because of homeowners associations and this is cheaper anyway. Do they have any redundant safety measures etc ?