Anybody try TCP's new Bolt in front coil over Conversion?

c24sc

Jan 1, 2008
Hey guys,

Total Control Products Its a nice alternative to buying a really expensive front coil over conversion. Mustang monthly has an article on install in their ride in this month's copy.

HOWEVER, nobody says how low can it go! The 2" adaptor is good for 1" lower then stock, then the shelby mod (~5/8) and the coils are good for what 1/2- 3/4. But is that is that it, with the collars adjusted all the way down? A solid 2 - 2 1/4 lower then stock? But is that low enough for us restmods on 17s? I cut atleat 1.5 coils off my 620s to get the right stance (similar to izkems fb). I'm also used to coil overs from the import scene that could be adjusted to unreasonably low ( not good for shocks) to a nice low stance not available with regular lowering springs.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

you can go lower but like any good coilover shock TCP recommends keeping the suspension set so that the shock is roughly halfway in it's in travel, within 1" or so. yes you can go lower but you will compromise the handling of the car slightly, ALL coilover shocks are this way and even all stock suspension systems SHOULD be this way. will it make a drastic difference in the handling of the car if the shock isn't in that sweet spot? maybe or maybe not depending on how far out of center travel the shock and how low the car is, if you aren't using the shock's full travel anyway, it probably won't make much of a difference at all.