anyone build scale auto models?

25th mustang pisses me off! He has a 12 second near stock 5.0, he can draw pictures of cars that look airbrushed because the shading is so good and he makes custom fabbed plastic models. freakin wonder boy of stangnet. hahah jus teasin dude. you strike me as a very talented person.

HAHA, I try...

J/K.

I might not be good at much, but the things I am decent at, I work hard on, thats about all I can say?

I used to love building models, and wouldnt mind starting back up. The only thing is I JUST got my 89 in the shop tonight, and plan to haul ass on that and my portfolio for the next few weeks. I am already planning some time for the stangnet draw off, but wouldnt mind trying a stangnet model off... or whatever it would be called. Might be fun, everyone get the same model and do whatever you want. Wish we could all find 93 Cobras to do!

• Sponsors (?)

Finished this one the other day......
129903.jpg

129904.jpg

129905.jpg

129902.jpg

Added heater hoses and ignition wires and coil

Revell is by far the best quality for readily available models.

Tamiya is second to none in their detail and quality, but can be hard to find.

Fujimi makes alot of "rare" race cars and tuner cars and such. But they dont have many parts or details.

AMT is alright at best. Alot of flashing on their parts and fitment issues. And some parts just dont look scale at all...

Personally if Tamiya makes the model I want to build I buy that. But they are kind of expensive for 1:24 scale models. $15-50 depending on level of detail.

And the 93 Cobra I have...I paid $32 for it on Ebay. Apparently Revell stopped making it shortly after its release.

Back in the day I picked up a Revell 3-pack of Cobras (93, an SN95, and a classic) for about $20 at some store. That 3-pack was always cheaper than the single 93 Cobra, which was nice because I wanted it for parts for a custom one I was making of my own car. :nice:

Just a few quick pics as i didnt have a lot of time. Charger is in progress and the mustang has been done forever. It won 2nd in a contest. I think im gonna start building some replicas of peoples cars from here.
models004.jpg

models001.jpg

Damn did those come with those rims? I'm trying to find a decent set of wheels for my '93...

Attachments

• models001.jpg
    models001.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 88
  • models004.jpg
    models004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 94
I am thinking about getting a convertable and scratch building a roof:shrug:

I remember seeing a model where someone made a Saleen coupe our of a covertible. I think he just glued the roof on. But I guess you can sand down the trunk borders and fab some quarter windows out of the ones from the Cobra or GT model. A little creativity could make it look pretty good. Now I am thinking about doing it with my extra convertible parts model.

pjb said:
Monogram made a 1/32 scale '79 notchback. Its a basic snap tite kit with no motor though.

I have that model. I built it back in the late 80's early 90's when I was young. It kind of looks like 85_SS_302_Coupe's car.

my 87 turbocoupe
DSCF1734.jpg

DSCF1744.jpg

DSCF1743.jpg

DSCF1759.jpg

chevelle
DSCF1659.jpg

DSCF1660.jpg

super stallion i still haven't finished
DSCF1684.jpg

DSCF1685.jpg

and my stangs replica i still need to finish as well
DSCF1696.jpg

DSCF1692.jpg

DSCF1691-1.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1734.jpg
    DSCF1734.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF1744.jpg
    DSCF1744.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF1743.jpg
    DSCF1743.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF1759.jpg
    DSCF1759.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF1660.jpg
    DSCF1660.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1659.jpg
    DSCF1659.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF1684.jpg
    DSCF1684.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF1685.jpg
    DSCF1685.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1692.jpg
    DSCF1692.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1691-1.jpg
    DSCF1691-1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1696.jpg
    DSCF1696.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 76
Would you guys say that buying revell models is a good idea for a guy jus looking to get back into building them? I miss this hobby, and im single so i have all the free time in the world. Do they make some sort of starter kit that comes with all the paints and glue? Or do you guys suggest using a different paint. Im the kind of person where if I build something and it works out good im gonna do a lot more. I wanna try and build somethin nice.

Ps. That gold superbee is unbelieveable.

Would you guys say that buying revell models is a good idea for a guy jus looking to get back into building them? I miss this hobby, and im single so i have all the free time in the world. Do they make some sort of starter kit that comes with all the paints and glue? Or do you guys suggest using a different paint. Im the kind of person where if I build something and it works out good im gonna do a lot more. I wanna try and build somethin nice.

Ps. That gold superbee is unbelieveable.

Revell, Monogram, Tamiya.......its all about what you put into it and what your level of sastisfactory is. Sanding off mould lines, sanding tires so the look real, using flocking to make carpets. These little things make the model stand out from others builds.

Find a hobby store and pick up supplies as you need them, I have found that in the local paper you can get 40% cupons for AC Moore or Michaels....you end up getting a model kit for like $8.

This is an 87 GT i have been building.....I put it away for a bit, I am growing tired of fussing with it! I finish is before the summer.
104677.jpg

Recaros
110816.jpg