Anyone ever heard of these heads?

• Sponsors (?)

AR Alan Root heads

I just found this 2 year old tread. I have just inquired a set of these heads. They were on a 1987 coupe with
wore out 5.0 shortblock
e303 cam
Ported Typhoon EFI intake
large throttle body
large tube? shorty header
2.5 exh., flow masters dumped at axle
ported AR heads
4.10 gears, old used slicks
He ran 12.80's

I am planning to put them on a 289. Similar to the combo above.
I was wandering if there was any follow up info from the above. If there is any new dyno info? Thanks

I bought some many years ago for around 1800; they were used but freshened with a full port job. Back then that was about the best head out there, and the price was right. I sold them a year or so ago for about $800 and bought some TEA TFS 225 high ports. I wouldn't put anymore money in them, maybe try to port them yourself or sale them. Technology has advanced some since then. There are other heads out there that will leave you room to grow.

I sold these heads a couple years ago. They were good in their day. With porting they can perform well today. I have a set of super comp long tubes that bolt to these heads I would like to sell cheap as I no longer need them. They fit the early stangs... pm me if interested.

I sold these heads a couple years ago. They were good in their day. With porting they can perform well today. I have a set of super comp long tubes that bolt to these heads I would like to sell cheap as I no longer need them. They fit the early stangs... pm me if interested.

First you say you have the heads, now you say you sold em a couple years ago. :rolleyes: and want to sell the headers ? (in the wrong forum)You're not doing your credibility any favors here. ;)

First you say you have the heads, now you say you sold em a couple years ago. :rolleyes: and want to sell the headers ? (in the wrong forum)You're not doing your credibility any favors here. ;)

Check the date of my original post, then edit your reply. You made a mistake.

As for selling in this forum, I simply stated I still have the headers for these heads and would sell them. :rolleyes: