anyone experienced with exhaust set ups please help

nsoto0216

Apr 8, 2010
i have a 2002 Mustang V6
i want to know if this is possible, or if im missing something or need something?

well i want an exhaust to replace my stock exhaust.
i want to get Catted X-Pipes and a Catback Exhaust System designed for the GT...

i wanna know if this is possible or if i need extra things to make it work?

i was thinking since the X-Pipes which are the "mid pipes" will be connected to the headers, it will make the 'True Dual' effect and then that will allow me to install a Catback designed for GT Models?

here is a link to both if you need more info.
Pypes 409 Stainless Steel Catted X-Pipe (98-04 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Borla Stinger S-Type Catback (99-04 GT / Mach 1 / Bullitt) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

or will i need extra tubing between the headers and x-pipe to allow the fit?

• Sponsors (?)

the items in the links you posted will work fine together with no extra piping. you will need rear exhaust hangers for a GT though, & you will probably want to get a GT rear bumper for it also, or modify your bumper to fit the extra exhaust tip.
FYI: you will actually loose a little lowend hp/tq when you remove the stock catted system. you will see a slight gain in the high rpm's but not much.
exhaust mods will give very little gains & can sometimes have negative effects performance wise. ex mods are more for sound. should sound good though.

what exactly is lowend torque and hp?

i would get an x-pipe with no cats for more hp but i heard its not that good for a v6, and its recommended to get catted x-pipes.

what do you think?

what exactly is lowend torque and hp?

i would get an x-pipe with no cats for more hp but i heard its not that good for a v6, and its recommended to get catted x-pipes.

what do you think?

hp/tq? kinda hard to explain, but it just will not feel as powerful below 3,000 rpm's. I had a sixxer stang several years back & redid the whole exhaust. best thing I found was to convert the factory catted y-pipe into a h-pipe. get something like this>Dynomax Ford Mustang Exhaust Pipe H-Pipe Conversion Exhaust Pipe Incl. Hanger Brackets/Fasteners/Rubber Insulators For RH Muffler And Tailpipe ID Dia 2.5 in.
& have an exaust shop install it for you. then install the GT cat-back of youe choice. trust me, you will like the sound better this way than going with the catted x-pipe , & it is cheaper. I think the conversion kit in the link even comes with the hangers too which is a added bonus.