Anyone have issues with their tires contacting the fender? Need help

So I went through my last set of tires fairly quickly. First road trip after getting them on, upon arriving I noticed some nice grooves in my sidewall from dropoffs on the highway where the suspension allowed my fender to come down and contact the tire. This has happened multiple times and I now have a minor groove already on my new tires.

The only solution I have heard of was maybe rolling the fenders? Is this just a matter of bending them inward to hide the sharp edges? What does this normally cost?

My car isn't that low, and I'm about to make another road trip. Going to be me (~160lbs), my brother (~150lbs) and maybe 100-125lbs of dive gear. Might just have my brother fly up since he probably can't stay as long anyway. Then put my scuba tanks in the front seat.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/thealmightyhubbard/My Stangs/IMG_0326.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You can roll the fenders. It might be that all you need to do is bend the inside lip up out of the way. A wood baseball bat and a heat gun to warm the area before rolling it would be a cheap option. Someone makes a tool that bolts to the lug nuts to do the same thing, but I don't know how many shops would have it. And it does exactly what the baseball bat does so I don't know how it is an improvement.

So I went through my last set of tires fairly quickly. First road trip after getting them on, upon arriving I noticed some nice grooves in my sidewall from dropoffs on the highway where the suspension allowed my fender to come down and contact the tire. This has happened multiple times and I now have a minor groove already on my new tires.

The only solution I have heard of was maybe rolling the fenders? Is this just a matter of bending them inward to hide the sharp edges? What does this normally cost?

My car isn't that low, and I'm about to make another road trip. Going to be me (~160lbs), my brother (~150lbs) and maybe 100-125lbs of dive gear. Might just have my brother fly up since he probably can't stay as long anyway. Then put my scuba tanks in the front seat.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/thealmightyhubbard/My Stangs/IMG_0326.jpg

Maybe try something along the lines of these products?

Fender roller - AutoBody

I would consider but I am probably leaving monday morning. Might have to pull the wheels off and try the baseball bat trick haha

Can't imagine what the neighbors are going to think.

Check out craigslist. Many times, people buy the Eastwood roller then rent it out to people for the day for like $50. After a few rentals, their machine is paid for. I am planning on doing this once the weather gets warm. My buddy found a guy on the Acura forums he's on who rents it out for $45 for the day. With how I like to take corners and how much I auto-x, I think it'll be a necessity.

I don't think I could take a baseball bat to my car

x2 but who knows mabye if u take youre time and use some heat maybe it will work. I have to get my rears rolled b4 my new tires go on and have been looking at renting the eastwood fender roller. You have to pay around a $250 deposit (to cover the tool) and right around $50 for rental fee give or take.

Just search eastwood fender roller rental and found some places that rent it out for a couple days, that or maybe take it to a body shop that does rolling and see what they charge.

I would consider but I am probably leaving monday morning. Might have to pull the wheels off and try the baseball bat trick haha

Can't imagine what the neighbors are going to think.

You leave the wheels on. Put the bat between the wheel and fender lip, and gently bend the lip up inside a little at a time, rolling the bat along the tire.

The bat isn't for swinging, it's for leverage and to protect the paint and metal - wood is softer than metal and won't dig into your paint like a metal crowbar would. The heat gun is to soften the paint a little so it doesn't crack and flake off.

Be careful - there are youtube videos showing people being morons with it.

This is a decent post on how to do it:
DIY Fender Rolling : The corrected bat method - NASIOC

Here's another with decent pics:
http://www.quickhonda.net/fenderRolling.htm

paint chips very easy. I bought the roller tool and used heat at first but paint still flaked. eventually I gave up with the heat and just finished the job. My stuff is getting painted soon anyway. the tool is very easy and worth it imo. you can find a cheaper one if you hold out. I got mine brand new for like 170 but it is the red one not the blue eastwood. I cant see any difference in the pics and this red no name brand doesnt seem like you could break it if you tried on purpose anyway.

good luck, I had same issues on two cars with the tires and this solved it btw.