anyone have pics of autometer Z-series gauges installed?

mootang

Dec 5, 2004
texas
preferably in a black interior and on the A piller. I think I want the Z series because I don't want anything that overly stands out and since the have a black face and bezel I think they would tie into the black interior really nice without being to flashy.

any black gauges with black bezel pics would probably give me a pretty good idea.

thanks,
scott

P.S. Ieatrice, if you see this I sent you a pm.

• Sponsors (?)

no one has any pics or opinions?

I'm basically trying to decide if i should go with black face, and black bezel OR black face and silver bezel.
what do you guys think would look better in an all black interior?

mootang said:
no one has any pics or opinions?

I'm basically trying to decide if i should go with black face, and black bezel OR black face and silver bezel.
what do you guys think would look better in an all black interior?
In an all black interior, i'd go with either the silver ultra-lites or phantoms, or if you can swing it, the cobalts or lunars which both have better lighting, but are a bit more $...

Ultra-Lite:
4369_d.jpg

Phantom:
5737_d.jpg

Cobalt:
6155_d.jpg

Lunar:
4137_d.jpg

I've got the Sport Comps, and i like them with the black/tan interior, but i wish i had gotten either the phantoms, or the lunars....heres mine...

DSCN0625.jpg

hope i was some help...:nice:

the reason I want the black face is because the white face gauges just get way to bright when they are lit up. I don't want it to look like I have a disco party going on in my car.

If you hook the gauge light power wire into the fuse for the instrument panel lights you can get the autometers to dim. Its nice to have because I have the phantoms and when they get too bright I just turn the dimmer knob and its all better.
Hope this helps.