anyone have the GT-40 X heads

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
Port Elgin, Ontario
I found a set locally and am intrested in them but know not to much about them. Would they work good with my stock setup and still be able to stay S/D. I'll copy and paste the add and the pics....Remember theese prices are canadian

Pair of Gt-40 ‘X’ Heads Complete with Ford Racing 1.6 Roller Rockers. These heads are in excellent condition with very little time on them. They come assembled with 64cc chambers.

$1250 firm with rockers $1100 with out rockers.

View attachment 394986

View attachment 394988

• Sponsors (?)

i run the gt40x's on my 306 with an E cam and 1.6's, and gt 40 intake. good strong combo, not the best but they are still great IMO. should work good with a stock cam and be torquey and won't cut out at higher rpms like stock.

u won't have to notch pistons or anything. depends on what your going for. good bolt on but probably not the best u could get. if your just trying to get a good jump above stock and not go all out i would say yes.

don't take my word, see what everyone else has to say

they work good, big improvement over stock heads deff, those rockers make the car sound like a sewing machine though.

I have GT40x's on my car with the 1.6 rollers. They are not at all noisey and make really good power for street use. My car made 257 rwhp through the AOD with my combo using those parts. The price there isn't the greatest though, since you can buy them brand new in the box for $1250 from Summit. If you want the rockers, the deal gets better. They're $315 by themselves.

I have GT40x's on my car with the 1.6 rollers. They are not at all noisey and make really good power for street use. My car made 257 rwhp through the AOD with my combo using those parts. The price there isn't the greatest though, since you can buy them brand new in the box for $1250 from Summit. If you want the rockers, the deal gets better. They're $315 by themselves.

are you talking USD or CDN $$$

My friend has them and when he tore his engine down for a rebuild found a bunch of valve guides completely wiped out with like 50k mileage on the heads. They are a decent head but theres definitely better for the money. Id try and find Twisted Wedges for that price imo

check ebay- I got a set BRAND NEW from Parkway Ford for just over 1000 shipped. I also scored a set of roller rockers for 165 shipped. all in all I made out pretty well. For the money , they worked the best for me. I liked the 64cc chambers to help lower the compression and make room for boost. Be sure of the models. x303 have 64cc chamber, x305 have 58cc I believe.

GO FOR IT!!