Anyone heard of Boost Brothers

• Sponsors (?)

Anytime man, mine will be shipped out monday and then I'm installing them in a month or so along with motor mounts. I will post up in that thread after it's all done.

A lot of issues to deal with there. Looks like it's just a few guys in their garage bending pipe, but one hell of a deal if you're willing to make it work. And if they're made in the US, I'm all for it. Anyone have a picture of the inside of the collector?

I'm not so sure about bending the tubing as described in that link, I'd be more comfortable with placing a small flat in the tube (though the driverside collector could be an issue). But for those interested, I installed OBX LTs on my back with basic hand tools and jackstands, it's not very difficult at all just time consuming. But if you do it yourself get a set of ratcheting wrenches, they will save your life!
Dan

A lot of issues to deal with there. Looks like it's just a few guys in their garage bending pipe, but one hell of a deal if you're willing to make it work. And if they're made in the US, I'm all for it. Anyone have a picture of the inside of the collector?

I'm not so sure about bending the tubing as described in that link, I'd be more comfortable with placing a small flat in the tube (though the driverside collector could be an issue). But for those interested, I installed OBX LTs on my back with basic hand tools and jackstands, it's not very difficult at all just time consuming. But if you do it yourself get a set of ratcheting wrenches, they will save your life!
Dan

I kinda have the same opinion, if I spend the money, I don't want to spend a bunch of extra time and effort making them "fit". I went thru the same issues when I installed a set of BBK LT's on my 89 GT. They must of been a really early set because they didn't fit worth a damn. I had to do a bunch of work to make them fit (they had several "flats" in order to fit). In the end I ended up removing them, saw-zall'n them up and pitching them in the garbage. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, now that I've become older/wiser, I've finally learned, you get what you pay for! The price may be cheaper, but how much is your time/effort/frustation really worth?

I got mine a few weeks ago on ebay for 180.00. Looks like Ill have to bend them a bit. FYI the hardware they send is junk and the clamp is not stainless...

FWIW I plan to weld the LT to the header on each side, so the clamps won't be an issue. I am also getting Stage 8 Locking bolts for my install so the hardware won't matter. What sucks is the fitment issues you're having. You have Prothanes? I'm installing them at the same time so that should help with fitment. And yes, I am putting a dent in the tubing, not shaving down my steering shaft. Anymore thoughts on them? Quality of welds and such?

looks

They look nice, good welds, 3/8 inch thick plate. They look to be the same bend as JBA, from the ones I have seen....But they are cheap knock offs so who knows how consistent quality control is....

FYI, They are made in China....I too thought them to be made in the USA when I bought them the original shipping box from china was used as packing in the Boost Brothers box ....read the ad closely.

Well from what I've seen the welds are excellent quality, and they headers are 304 stainless, so idk what more I could ask for. I got them fro $245 shipped and they ship out tomorrow. I should be installing them in three weeks.

North of you

Im just south of Daytona...west of New Smyrna....I didn't realize you were so close...Send me a PM when you get the headers. I have access to a lift if you want to use it or if you want help with the install.

Also, I just joined a mustang group called CFLPonySports dot com....There are a bunch of guys in the club with many different set ups...they can help you choose mods, tuners, anything really. They are a good bunch of guys. We have all kids of events....gives you a chance to pick the brains of other enthusiasts.... They have experience with mods and tuners you may be considering. Makes thing a lot easier and cheaper in the long run.

Im just south of Daytona...west of New Smyrna....I didn't realize you were so close...Send me a PM when you get the headers. I have access to a lift if you want to use it or if you want help with the install.

Also, I just joined a mustang group called CFLPonySports dot com....There are a bunch of guys in the club with many different set ups...they can help you choose mods, tuners, anything really. They are a good bunch of guys. We have all kids of events....gives you a chance to pick the brains of other enthusiasts.... They have experience with mods and tuners you may be considering. Makes thing a lot easier and cheaper in the long run.

WOW! Man I wish you told me this sooner lol. I have someone up here who is helping me with the install because I go to UCF and don't have access to my garage at home. A lift would be so nice I won't lie. I should be getting the headers on monday. You run a shop I guess?