Anyone here own/lease a Fusion?

To my knowledge, there's been no indication that the Dodge Charger will REPLACE the Ford Crown Victoria - two different companies, so Dodge ain't gonna crank out CV's and Ford isn't gonna start producing Chargers. Likewise, the Charger has only been popular as a pursuit vehicle, not so much as a regular police cruiser; the back seat's too small/awkward to load/unload prisoners, it sucks too much gas, the Magnum and Hemi motors are still unreliable pieces of crap (compared to the Modular 4.6L), and it doesn't have the ground clearance that the CVPI does ... which is nice to have when you're hopping curbs to chase a suspect. :) Oh, and the Charger generally costs more than the stripped-down CVPI, and all the police departments already have all their equipment set up for CVPI's, so changing over ALL of their cars would incur a larger cost. No chance at all that Ford's gonna just KILL the Panther platform outright anytime soon - too many police departments, taxi companies, limousine conversion companies, and elderly people buying them up right and left, and the design has paid for itself many times over so all sales are pure profit for Ford right now.

Anyway.

I got to ride in a Gilette Fusion ... er, sorry, FORD Fusion earlier this year (the front grille just gets me confused) when one of my buddies rented one to cruise around with for the WFC9. They're really quiet inside, ride really nice, plenty of room, nice stereo, and even the base engine has a fair amount of giddy-up to it (although it's nothing especially remarkable, just decent) - the bigger V6 would likely be a very nice plus to an already all-around nice car. If I had to choose what brand-spankin' new car for a DD that I'd get (if someone else was footing the payments/insurance), I'd probably go for one, myself.

The taillights look like a horrible rip-off of some Altezza-styled '97 Honda Prelude tail lenses. Yuck.

• Sponsors (?)