Anyone here running Dual Piston PBR Calipers? (foxbody)

• Sponsors (?)

Only mod i did was use a fitting on the passenger side. Stock soft lines tho...with braided lines i'm sure you'll have to grind out the locating hole to remove the nubs.

The fitting to tie into the hardline. I used the 01 soft lines...everything bolted up without shaving anything. :shrug: Are you talking about using steel braided lines or what...why would you need to shave anything?

I know if you put them on a 94-98 you have to shave down the block that the banjo bolt goes through....

Will the stock 87-93 softlines bolt right up to the PBR calipers? I'm not using stainless lines....I don't have the brake lines because someone decided to cut the brakeline to get the caliper off :fuss:

01 spindles are not going to work well on your car. the are that comes off
them for the tierod does not drop down and you will needa bump stear kit
at least to get the tierods to match the calipers will work ok but you need 94/95 spindles ck out matt90gt he post here and has a real good silght
on this and other brake up grade like the rar cad. set up you want to do
ps. the pbr caliper polish up real good

Straight from Matts site...

"The '99+ brake lines that come with the caliper are direct bolt-ins for some of the fox3 '87-93 V8 cars at the hard lines. If the passenger side line does not work, you need a Weatherhead 7828 fitting to adapt it. On my '90 GT, I had to use 2 drivers side hoses and grind the passenger caliper a bit to accommodate this. But I got fittings from a convertible '90 GT from the yard, and they matched up perfectly on both lines! Go figure! Your mileage will most likely vary. The stock brake lines have a lip on them to keep them from rotating on the caliper. That would have to be ground off to use it with the PBR calipers. If you are going to upgrade, most SS lines use a round piece at the caliper end, so you will not have mounting issues on the caliper."

Your stock lines will not work.

The 96+ spindles actually drop the steering arm down compared to the 94-95s! They are easier on the bumpsteer, but you will have issues with wider wheels cause of the track increase.

Matt on your site it said I could use the spindles

"You can use the '96+ newer units, but the track will increase 8mm per side."

Would I be better off putting the 2001 spindles on my 1994 V6 along with the PBR calipers and use the 94 spindles and calipers on my car? I kinda wanted the wider track, I am going to use 17x8 '98 Cobra rims....

i also have offset steering rack bushings for bumpsteer :shrug: