Anyone know if MAC is still shipping parts

90limited

Founding Member
Apr 13, 2002
Port Charlotte FL
I ordered a MAF flow tube from a vender and they refunded my money and said they have not received a shipment from MAC in 7 months...... Anyone know if MAC is still shipping?

I got a set of 24lb injectors and a C&L MAF off fleabay and the MAF has a red sample tube (for 30lb injectors) and I need a blue sample tube for the 24lbers.... I got online and ordered directly from MAC a week ago and got an automated order received email but have not heard back. Also sent a info request via their website about a month ago and never got a response.

The above notwithstanding, anybody got a blue sample tube they wanna sell. I have searched the net high and low and cannot find one.

• Sponsors (?)

These guys

Site still up. Give em a buzz

1579107975236.png

5L5 - yup them. called couple of times. goes to voicemail. Left messages, no call back. My site is still up because suckers like me will still order parts from them. They billed my card. If I don't hear from them by end of the week I'll cancel the order and file claim with card company.

It's not looking good for them. A quick google search shows a couple reviews on Google, Yelp, and Facebook stating the same thing you have, starting back in September/October. Check out the MAC performance facebook page for some interesting banter. Apparently MAC responded to a couple people when they asked if they are closing, then stopped responding after they started asking about their orders.

Well then that's not good. I just called them for the hell of it and got the same thing. Goes to voicemail.

My guess...they shuttered the doors and are in the middle of liquidating.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
It's not looking good for them. A quick google search shows a couple reviews on Google, Yelp, and Facebook stating the same thing you have, starting back in September/October. Check out the MAC performance facebook page for some interesting banter. Apparently MAC responded to a couple people when they asked if they are closing, then stopped responding after they started asking about their orders.

This usually means lawyers have begun and told them to say nooooooooooooooooothing.

Seems like a lot of companies are going under just in the last year or two. Mustangs Unlimited is in the process of liquidating and Dallas Mustang bit the dust last year.

I have a feeling LMRs growth is to blame.

When they acquired the rights to SVE and started their brand, usually with cheap Chinese parts, they had something the other shops can’t compete with. Plus they are usually lowest prices around as well.

They are the Walmart of Mustang resto/performance parts.

I don’t even think LMR ever carried MAC.

When they acquired the rights to SVE and started their brand, usually with cheap Chinese parts, they had something the other shops can’t compete with. Plus they are usually lowest prices around as well.

they did at one point, got my old catback from there circa 06/07

LMR carried Mac, installed two Mac off-road H-pipes, a set of headers, and a cat-back from them. I lived all of 20 minutes from LMR at the time, so I picked them up personally.

LMR's growth isn't what killed Mac or any of the others. This hobby is slowly dying. Look at all of the performance brands and parts companies that have shut down, struggled through a bankruptcy, or been bought out by a competitor.

Hmmm....I've been a MAC dealer since day one. Used to sell all their parts locally when the internet was a baby. Still have my account. Maybe I should call em.

For sure the Mustang hobby at least for this platform is dying a slow death.

Taking a 25-30 year old Mustang that maybe ran 14 seconds then dumping a :poo:load of money into it for 11's is over. You can buy a new Mustang or slightly used and go 11's stock with killer brakes, bluetooth, navigation, sound system, heated seats, etc. turn key.

We're the only morons still doing it. For many of us it's to bring back our youth.

MAC was a great Company back in the day. Had 7 MAC exhaust systems in my life, all were great in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 users
LMR's growth isn't what killed Mac or any of the others. This hobby is slowly dying. Look at all of the performance brands and parts companies that have shut down, struggled through a bankruptcy, or been bought out by a competitor.

I can see that.

I've heard rumblings of the sports car segment in general slowly dying. I thinl 2007 was the last year they sold more than 100K units in a year. I can see why when you have 400HP SUV's available that will give you your stop-light thrill and yet carry 7 adults comfortably.

I can see that.

I've heard rumblings of the sports car segment in general slowly dying. I thinl 2007 was the last year they sold more than 100K units in a year. I can see why when you have 400HP SUV's available that will give you your stop-light thrill and yet carry 7 adults comfortably.

And now there's a Ford one we are actually calling a Mustang. Game over.

and when we were kids, you couldnt wait to get that permit, then the license. Many of us were working on cars before we were old enough to drive. Sadly, that is far from the case with the younger generation now. Not only foxbody’s...... they just don’t care about cars any more, period!

Well, that is sad to hear if indeed MAC is shuttering. I bought a new exhaust system from them just last June and had no issues with delivery or communication. Must have happened fairly quickly.