Fox anyone use this dual port oil extension from scott drake?

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
when I put the motor in, I'm adding a mechinalc oil pressure guage, and I want the stock guage to work also... was thinking of tapping the stock oil sender extensiton, but figure I would screw it up.. plus I would need a tap ect... I see scott drake offers this already - https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-d...n-dual-port-zinc-plated-v8-1965-1973/p/OSUF6/ not sure why they list it from '65 to a 1973... This would fit a '90's block right? I know i could do the brass fittings and make a tee, but I heard of some of those and breaking off ect... so I rather just spend a little extra and not worry about it.

also, I found something else on the forums about adding a gauge line restrictor for mechanical gauges? I did buy a SS line to run to the gauge... wouldn't putting a restrictor in screw with the oil pressure reading?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I use it. Pretty anti-climatic really. Same as stock fitting but an extra port tapped in.

A restrictor would slow the change in pressure as it would slow flow. The gauge reading would still be accurate at static pressure, but if you have wild swings of pressure, It might take a bit longer for the guage to register full pressure due to the restrictor restricting flow.

I use it. Pretty anti-climatic really. Same as stock fitting but an extra port tapped in.

A restrictor would slow the change in pressure as it would slow flow. The gauge reading would still be accurate at static pressure, but if you have wild swings of pressure, It might take a bit longer for the guage to register full pressure due to the restrictor restricting flow.
Cool thanks, are u using a restrictor on yours?
This something I can buy if I really need?

Used one on a 302 that was built for a customer. Not sure it was a scott drake one, but it worked nicely.

Never ran a restrictor on a pressure gauge.