Anyone using a CPR racing fuel rail for nitrous and saleen blower?

halflife1

Jul 1, 2005
Thinking of changing over to the CPR fuel rail so I can hook up nitrous instead of using the Zex adapter. Anyone using this rail? Also does anyone know if the crossover bar they sell separate will fit around the Saleen blower?

• Sponsors (?)

Hehe :D

Apparently, I'm the first one on the boards to do something like this. I found an adapter that fits over the stock hardline on the driverside fenderwell so I can run stainless steel braided hose to my new Fuel Rails.

fuel_line_1.jpg

Im not using the crossover cause I like the look of spliting the fuel feed lines before hand.

I'll be completing the job tomorrow since I have to wait on a few more fittings from summitracing.com.

If you like how this turns out I can provide the entire parts list to you or anybody else.

-Dan

I hit a brick wall with the installation today because CPR uses an odd pipe thread at the end of each rail. Im short 2 plugs and 2 straight -6AN adapters because of this. The only other mainstream type thread is metric pipe so I'll look there before I call CPR.

The Nitrous runs at the track have gone well enough even though I trashed my stock 8 plugs when my converter locked up. The motor is fine and im going back to the dyno to start on my nitrous tunes.

Running this steel braided hose through the intake runners was pretty difficult since it isnt the most flexable stuff. I had to put my small hands to use and had to fashion a wire hook to help pull it around the bend.

fuel_rail_1.jpg

This is the adapter that fits over the stock hard line and allows for use of AN fittings.

fuel_rail_2.jpg

Stock Fuel Rails pulled off. So much more clean looking already.

fuel_rail_3.jpg

fuel_rail_4.jpg

You get the idea even though its not completely done... yet.

fuel_rail_5.jpg

fuel_rail_6.jpg

-Dan

dan, i know you were going for a clean install, but i think it looks a little too busy with all the braided lines. maybe if they were all together, or more hidden it would not look so "busy".

Well, I finally got the correct fittings for the Fuel Rail Ends and now I have to allow the thread sealer for some other fittings to cure before I can drive again.

The parts list:

1 x CPR 2005 Mustang Return-less Fuel Rail
2 x Earls 8AN Male to 6AN Male Straight Reducer 985068ERL (Bank 1 & 2 Front Fuel Rail Adapter)
2 x Earls 8AN Male Plug 981408ERL (Bank 1 & 2 Rear Fuel Rail Plug)
2 x Earls 6AN Female to 6AN Hose 45° Auto-Fit 304606ERL (Bank 1 & 2 Hose Ends)
1 x Earls 6AN Female to 6AN Hose 45° Auto-Fit 304606ERL (Fenderwell Main Feed Hose End)
1 x Russel 3/8"ID Push On Fuel Line Adapter 640850 (Hardline to AN Adapter)
1 x Russel 3/8"ID Inlet & Outlets w/ 1/8"NPT Distribution Block (Y-Distribution Block)
1 x Earls 6AN Female to 6AN Hose 90° Auto-Fit 309106ERL (Distribution Block to Bank 1 Hose End)
2 x Earls 6AN Female to 6AN Hose Straight Auto-Fit 300106ERL (Distribution Block to Bank 2 Hose End, Distribution Block to Main Feed Hose)
1 x Earls 4AN Male to 4AN Male w/ 1/8"NPT On Branch T-Fitting 982504ERL (Fuel Solenoid & Pressure Gauge Feed Adapter)
6 feet x Earls 6AN Auto-Flex Hose

-Dan

its a grenade

Sanctus said:
blower plus nitrous ehh? all i can think of is to "tell me how those corvettes look in your rearveiw mirror" hahahha

more like tell me how long i takes before its knocking ..

that motor will go boom with blower and nos on it just a matter of time regarless of the tune.

Could you flip the fuel rails and run the braided line across the firewall and connect them to the rear of the rail instead of the front of the rail? I could see that making a cleaner install, but I haven't pulled the rails on the '06 yet to see if I can put the left on the right and vice versa. Nice list of parts though, I'll have to write this down.

Jason