Roush Anyone want a nice 4 eye Saleen?

RandyA

Apr 1, 2005
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=197492709

I haven't ran the numbers but this things pretty sweet. I like the disc brake conversion! :D

107565437.197492709.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x382.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

gonen20 said:
Mike, how much are you wanting for your 85??? What condition is it in???

I am looking for $10,500, and am not really looking to come off that price, as the only reason for selling it would be to get something else that I don't need.

You see, there is this car that was built by SSV, and is quite impractical, and my wife HATES it, thus I think it might just be the perfect car- hehe. If I were to go down that path several cars would have to go. No point in selling the ones I *really like* first, as then I would be upset with myself incase I did not get the needed "clean sweep" in the garage, thus the selling of the cars I *like* first.

There are a few people here who have seen the car in person, and can feel free to say whatever they like regarding Project #69. BMG has been the only person who posts here (or on the Club board) who has driven the car.

Here is a recap of my driving the car, as you can see it spends most of its time sitting in a garage:

* Bought the car in 2002 or 2003 (I can't recall) with a down payment of a 6-pack of Corona. Didn't drive the car, had it flatbedded to a friends shop for storage.

* Some time in 2003 decided to start fixing it up. Late 2003 drove it from Shop to house for storage.

* March 2004 decided to do a "last minute" resto/paint/resticker just before the 40th Show. Drove it to my brothers to work on the resto of it. Then drove it to a friends shop to paint and sticker.

* April 2004 drove it to the 40th Show & back home.

* May 2004 my brother drove it on the "Pony Trails" Cruise.

* July 2004 drove it to Performance Autosport for the 1st SCOA National.

* Oct 2004 drove it home from PA, as I left it there in storage.

* April 2005 drove it to the SCOA-MAR Spring Thaw

* Aug 2005 put it on a trailer and drove it to the 2nd SCOA National Show (didn't come off the trailer)

* Aug 2005 took it off the trailer and parked it in the Garage-Mahal.

* Nov 2005 drove the kids to school in it one day and parked it in the other garage where it still sits.

I would be happy to discuss the car over the phone. PM me your # and "good days and times" to reach you, and I will call you on my dime.

Here is an interior shot while "under construction":

pict2lg.gif

Getting signed by "TheMan":

DSC04747.jpg

Getting signed by "TheBoss":

DSC04775.jpg

Where it has been sitting since Nov. '05 (behind the '00):

1966sm.jpg

I should know Mike's car very well since I gave the car a good cleaning right before the 40th show lol.

85-0069 would be considered a nice driver by most collectors (which I would rather have than a 100% stock low mile car that is never driven, been there done that). I thought the car was solid and fun to drive, the addition of the Stern wheels and upgraded braking is light years ahead of what came on the car from the factory.

EDGE Motorsport said:
hey dude, what are Sallen like with signing things ? I'm planning on a trip accross the USA next year and would love to get my glove box lid signed, but i'm not taking the car with me!!! do you think they'd sign it if i just hauled the lid there with me ?

EDGE

Steve will sign anything you throw at him.

FASN8N said:
I should know Mike's car very well since I gave the car a good cleaning right before the 40th show lol.

85-0069 would be considered a nice driver by most collectors (which I would rather have than a 100% stock low mile car that is never driven, been there done that). I thought the car was solid and fun to drive, the addition of the Stern wheels and upgraded braking is light years ahead of what came on the car from the factory.

Besides being the only other person here to drive the car, he is also the only one who has used a bucket of water on the car- LOL

The wheels are the 17" Saleen Speedlines, not the Sterns.

The brakes are 13" front and 12" rear Baers.

RandyA said:
Hey Mike,
You can't sell that car!!! We have quite a collection of early Fox Saleens in CO now! :D

True, but there is this other car that has been looking at me on a daily basis... then there is a car that I like from across the pond... or a new 2007 Saleen...

If Project #69 does not sell, it is really not a problem, and I am not a motivated seller due to garage space not being a problem. If I get another "toy" before selling Project #69, then it most likely will get relegatd to the Garage-Mahal where it will "sit" forever.

I called about the 86 black with gold stripes. As it turned out the guy sold about an hour before I called for $10,000. Someone got a great deal on a nice Saleen.

Mike,
How many miles does "project #69"

sln8661 said:
I called about the 86 black with gold stripes. As it turned out the guy sold about an hour before I called for $10,000. Someone got a great deal on a nice Saleen.

Mike,
How many miles does "project #69"

92k ish off the top of my head.

Metalcop said:
Could you please give a list of the mods to "Project 69"? Thanks.

It is quite the list, so if a unmolested low milage car is what you are after this is not the one.

All information below is to the best of my knowledge, and may be incomplete or incorrect. If you have any specific questions, please ask.

The car is being sold As-Is and Where-Is with nothing implied, hinted or promised.

A quick and dirty recap as I am fairly certain that I am leaving out details:

Exterior:
Painted April, 2004
New Saleen '86 front spoiler
New Saleen Side skirts
OE Saleen rear "spats"
Silver decals

Under the hood:
Do not have specs
AC deleted

Driveline:
Rear end converted to 8.8" rear w/ 3.73 gears

Wheels / tires / brakes:
17" Saleen Speedline wheels
Yokohama ES100 tires w/ @2,500 miles on them
Baer 13" front brakes
Baer 12" rear brakes

Interior:
Mostly OE
New Black dash pad
4-point cage with crossbar, diagonal bar and drivers headrest protection
6-point racing belts (regular seatbelts are still there)
Radio deleted
Signed by Steve and Liz :)
Aftermarket shifter (Pro 5.0?)
Pony Floor mats
New rear hatch struts

Suspension:
CC Plates
Strut tower brace
Subframe connectors
Shocks & Struts
Springs