Anyway to make a CFI a little more snappy?

Ok so i get my car back from the body shop tomorrow. And have came to the conclusion that the car is just in too good of shape for me to get rid of. So my question is this. Is there anyway to get a little more power out of this CFI/AOD? I dont have duels yet (stupid fuel pump) but i have rap all new single with a cat delete and a flowmaster. What do you guys suggest i do you get a little more power? im looking for some cheap mods first of all but i would really like to here some suggestions. thanks in advance.
-Aaron

• Sponsors (?)

stangguy50 said:
Ok so i get my car back from the body shop tomorrow. And have came to the conclusion that the car is just in too good of shape for me to get rid of. So my question is this. Is there anyway to get a little more power out of this CFI/AOD? I dont have duels yet (stupid fuel pump) but i have rap all new single with a cat delete and a flowmaster. What do you guys suggest i do you get a little more power? im looking for some cheap mods first of all but i would really like to here some suggestions. thanks in advance.
-Aaron

Best way to make more power on a CFI car is to convert to a carberetor. That is, or course, if thats an option you can persue.

CFI is SERIOUSLY restrictive. and you have no adjustability to play with. It was Ford's first production fuel injection and it blows IMO.

convert it to carb ....you will need a few things to do it , first you need to address the fuel pickup tube for fuel tank .....mallory part number 4205 or you can take out the factory pump and use some hose to bypass to bottom of tank for a pickup , personally I would use metal tubing and hose to join because the hose by itself will try to suck together and shut off flow ....then fuel line and good fuel filter .....electric fuel pump....Holley red part number 12-801-1 .....carb holley 600cfm electric choke part number 0-80457S .....intake edelbrock performer RPM part number 7121 .....good tune up and adjust timing .....might wanna do heads and cam at the same time ......

If you do go to a carb setup, go with the Weiand Stealth Intake. It is both cheaper and better than the Edelbrock Performer RPM. It'll work very well with stock heads and great with performance heads later on down the road. 650-670 vacum carb max.

i saw in the most recent Summit catalog they have street/strip Stealth intake/ Holley carb/cam kits for like $800 All gaskets and new lifters included. A pretty decent deal.