AODE Guys, Recommended WOT Shift Points?

Swarzkopf

Sep 23, 2004
Pittsburgh
Mods are in my sig...

Basically, what do you all recommend for WOT shift points for my car, both N/A and spraying? I can store up to 4 different tunes, so recommendations for both are good.

Right now, the car shifts right around 5100 for both 1-2 and 2-3.

I'm thinking 5500 RPM N/A and 5800 RPM spraying, as I'll be making more usable horsepower and torque in higher RPMs on the spray?

Input is welcomed.

• Sponsors (?)

Swarzkopf said:
That's what I just set my shifts at for both tunes...

Think I'll pick up ET/MPH moving from 5100 to 5500?

Thanks for the feedback.

Okay here's the funny thing with my car. One, I've never ran on the bottle without manual shifting.... Guess it's just me and not wanting to have to lift in first to get it to hook and have it accidently shift into second as the juice hits the second time I nail the gas. :shrug:

My car normally shifts around 5,100. Between myself and my girlfriend running in different bracket races at the same time, I usually only beat her time by a tenth or two N/A - me manual shifting, her not. However, she also runs a higher mph trap speed than me most of the time. The better my car hooks, the lower the mph trap speed. She doesn't do a burnout, and just hammers the car for all it's worth and hangs on tight. :D