AODE Shudder?...How to fix this

Juggalo95

May 27, 2007
ok Im thinking my cars problem is the aode shudder and not timing related..id does this under part/light throttle from 1300rpm~1500rpm...so the problem with this from what ive read is the lock up in the converter?

My questions are what happens if I dont replace it till summer and just live with it till then? will the car stop driving because of this or will the problem just stay there?

Is there anyway to bypass the lockup in the converter so it doesnt shudder?

last but not least how much does this cost assuming you bring it to a shop?

• Sponsors (?)

thats what mine would do, especially on an incline... it doesnt do it so much now as the tranny is on its way out... we actually replaced the fluid/filter and it helped it for a bit, but then got even worse...(now my tranny leaks, but not because of that)

i pretty much just had another tranny and had it rebuilt until this one dies... but either way, mines been shuddering for almost 1.5 yrs... just dont beat on it..

yeh I tend to give more gas if im rollin with girls in the car..dotn want them to think my car is a pos and have it shudder..lol..so ill just baby it and hope it last untill summer which Ill hopefully have money to fix it by then..or time to buy a converter and do it myself..i dred doing this

Buy a tube of DR Tranny's shudder stop its a little red plastic tube. My car shuddered when it was in overdrive for a few months ,I read a thread on here about the shudder stop and it worked for about a year or so then I got a new converter

yeh I tend to give more gas if im rollin with girls in the car..dotn want them to think my car is a pos and have it shudder..lol..so ill just baby it and hope it last untill summer which Ill hopefully have money to fix it by then..or time to buy a converter and do it myself..i dred doing this

another thing i failed to mention, if i was goin up an incline(i usually ride in the city with the O/D off so its just 1-3) i usually just downshifted to two so i think its just my 3rd gear that does it in essence... gotta love mustangs LOL

Yeh I just drove about 20 miles total in town on mostly flat ground with o/d off and it didnt do it...doesnt do it on the freeway either...mainly just on inclines it tries to shift to 3rd on steep ass hills then it shudders....

ok Im thinking my cars problem is the aode shudder and not timing related..id does this under part/light throttle from 1300rpm~1500rpm...so the problem with this from what ive read is the lock up in the converter?

My questions are what happens if I dont replace it till summer and just live with it till then? will the car stop driving because of this or will the problem just stay there?

Is there anyway to bypass the lockup in the converter so it doesnt shudder?

last but not least how much does this cost assuming you bring it to a shop?

See this link

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12-techinfo/tsb/TW0807.pdf

Problem may be solved by completely draining (no residual fluid left) and refilling with Mercon V.

Im in the seattle area...i drove to work today 20miles each way in traffic and it didnt do it...only does it on this steep hills in town???

Im gonna try and get a tci when money allows me to....how much should I expect to pay for a typical install at a shop? no including cost of converter

If it only does it on steep hills. Check your fluid level. You could be low and running out of fluid on an incline. Mine did this on a steep hill once. It was just after a rebuild. Dumped a quart in it, and it never had another issue.

I'm glad I found this thread, I had the shudder on mine. I ordered some Dr. Tranny off ebay and poured it in. Fixed the shudder immediately! I do still plan on draining the torque converter and using some synthetic mercon V fluid when I find time.

yeah i had the shutter problem in my wife's car, i rebuilt hers, we drove it for a bout 2 years with the shutter, then in my car i had the shutter problem so i really solved that one, 5 speed conversion for under 900.00.

i would not try to beat it, just drive it and give it gas to stay away from that rpm.

to me i would get rid of the slush box, dont get me wrong if you do them right then they are good, but stock, no thanks.:Track: