aode transmission

inphiniti

Mar 15, 2003
Providence, RI
so my aode i had rebuilt by a local tech school **** the bed. it was sort of a band aid til i could afford another transmission. i had the race shop install a shift kit and the transgo kit caused too much line pressure and blew over drive on me...

my question is who is running what transmissions in their cars w/ mods? i pretty much have a TFS top end kit accept a anderson b31 cam and a few other differences than what the kit provides. anyones vehicle daily driven and abut how many miles do you put a day on ur car/aode?

ive been mainly looking at Performance Automatics Street Fighter which handles up to 450-500hp and seems to fit what I would need. the trans guy who does all the trannys for the race shop i go to said a stock rebuild would be good enough. im going to talk to him at some point this week to see what if he has any other ideas as well

• Sponsors (?)

i have an AOD in mine that i got from a place in florida. i was told it is good for up to 500 horses and i paid about $700 for it and another $100 for the 2800 rpm stall convertor (from the same place)

i'm finally able to drive it, so i've been driving it a good bit lately ... pretty much a daily driver right now ... about 40 miles a day round trip to work and back, and another 50 miles or so on the weekends

so far so good ... :shrug:

So the trans-go kit was at fault ?
Like i've said Aod-e is also been giving me a pain, and im sure for later/future references it's got me saying NO to any car with an auto.

not necessarily the kits fault. my tranny evidently was on its last leg, i knew it wouldnt last forever but didnt think forever would've been short lived. but the install of the kit causes more line pressure. between that, the new stall, possibly even the change of fluid and the new power the car has it couldve fried OD

i have an AOD in mine that i got from a place in florida. i was told it is good for up to 500 horses and i paid about $700 for it and another $100 for the 2800 rpm stall convertor (from the same place)

i'm finally able to drive it, so i've been driving it a good bit lately ... pretty much a daily driver right now ... about 40 miles a day round trip to work and back, and another 50 miles or so on the weekends

so far so good ... :shrug:

glad to see its back running. i want something that is solid enough to DD, beat around the streets on the weekend, be able to track it once and a real blue moon and finally be able to hold some power that i throw at it down the line.. supercharger perhaps