Are 02-04 Mach 1's all created equal ?

Well, the one I'm buying is a 5 speed. When Ford made the Bullitt they didn't even offer it in auto, I was shocked that they offered the Mach in auto at all. Needless to say I'm buying a 5 speed. The one thing I wish they offered was an optional 6 speed. Too bad that was Cobra only.

Now that I got a big boy job and my V6 got destroyed by some idiot, I need a big boy car.

I'm just going to put a short throw shifter on it and an exhaust then call it a day for a while. Provably until I pay off the loan.

Provably an MGW unless you guys think something else is better. I like the one my dad has on his Bullitt but I wish they had adjustable spring bias, I don't like how hard the spring for 5th and reverse is on that shifter.

MGW is smooth as silk for normal and spirited driving, but it's not the best shifter for the drag strip. It will get the job done, however, thats just not what it's made for.

Take a good close look at the body fit. I looked at a new yellow 04 that looked like it was dropped off the truck or something. The gap where the roof lined up with the rear quarter panel was like 3/4" on the drivers side and almost touching on the passenger side. The trunk lid also looked uneven. I think I read somewhere that some of the 03-04 cars had a fit problem from the panel hanging robot being worn or something. I looked at a 04 Cobra not long after that with some uneven lines too but it wasn't as bad as the Mach I saw.

We had 2 GTs, as shown in the sig...both were quick and fun, but the Mach is just world's better, faster. Even with the stock 3.55 ring and pinion, it pulls like a freight train at 3K+ all the way to 7K. Even with 315s out back, I easily lose traction at the top of 2nd gear. It's as simple as just shifting into 2nd gear at a modest speed, low RPMs...and then just floor it and hold on...by the time it gets to 5K, it'll be spinning the rears...
It's absolutely a blast. I've got just a few bits and pieces installed. The 4V takes bolt ons very well. Next on the list are long tube headers and a throttle body. On the long term list is a Kenne Bell...someday...
With the few mods I have now (intake spacer, cold air, UDPs, mid pipe, catback and Diablo tune), I'm putting down 305HP to the wheels. Best of Luck - hope the deal works out for you. Visit the 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Owner's Club & Registry Website . A great site.