Are 02-04 Mach 1's all created equal ?

• Sponsors (?)

the heads on the '04 machs were upgraded weren't they? the spark plug threads were like 4 threads in '03 and in '04 they went to 8 threads. i remember reading this somewhere. can someone confirm?

Saw this in your sig Nightmare - what's a Custom Built Clutch?

Interesting story, when i had my trans rebuilt the DFX that Summit sent me was wrong so the mechanic had a local clutch company build me a clutch real quick. Its just got a stronger pressure plate than stock. So i guess the clutch isn't any different but the PP is, the way he put it, stronger than a stock cobra's.:shrug:

I'd like to know about the heads too. I know the 4.6 heads were famous for the spark plug blow out issue but I though that was just the 2V heads ? Wasn't that revised in 02 ?

Also, did the Machs come with the same gas cap cover as the Bullitt ? I've been seeing about 50/50 regular vs Bullitt gas doors on the Machs I'v looked at.
Posted via Mobile Device

Heres some pics of mine to get you motivated :)
DSC00882.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

100_4850.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

View attachment 293441

Attachments

• DSC00882.jpg
    DSC00882.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00863.jpg
    DSC00863.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_4850.jpg
    100_4850.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC00820.jpg
    DSC00820.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 66
Get a Mach 1 fuel door like the above Mach has. They started selling them again about a year ago after Ford sued companies for illegally using the name. The fuel doors look real good. Their's black, polished chrome, satin finish, and I believe a chrome/black combo fuel door. You can find them at mach1registry.

I'd like to know about the heads too. I know the 4.6 heads were famous for the spark plug blow out issue but I though that was just the 2V heads ? Wasn't that revised in 02 ?

Also, did the Machs come with the same gas cap cover as the Bullitt ? I've been seeing about 50/50 regular vs Bullitt gas doors on the Machs I'v looked at.
Posted via Mobile Device

No they didn't come with the gas cap cover it's just a popular mod.

I'm not 100% sure on this but some people have said that some 03 heads had the tick issue the same as the 03 Cobras had. The 04's are suppose to be corrected and they are suppose to have more threads for the spark plugs, in fact from what I've been told all 04 models (GTs, trucks, etc... have 8 plug threads).

Bill

Their were still some '04's that have had the tick. A friend of mine has an '04 Mach that had the tick. He had the head replaced. Our Machs were both built in Nov. '03. Mine does'nt have the tick so far with 24K on it.

The O4s are supposed to have a slightly more aggressive tune due to there being an extra brick in the cats.That is supposedly why the 03s are rated at 305 hp and the 04s have 310 hp. Someone already mentoined the stick cars having a steel crank but not sure if they mentioned they also redline @ 6800 vs 5800 for an auto.
Good luck and hope you find a nice one. -Jim

The O4s are supposed to have a slightly more aggressive tune due to there being an extra brick in the cats.That is supposedly why the 03s are rated at 305 hp and the 04s have 310 hp. Someone already mentoined the stick cars having a steel crank but not sure if they mentioned they also redline @ 6800 vs 5800 for an auto.
Good luck and hope you find a nice one. -Jim

Good catch!