Are 4.10's too big for a supercharger, or turbo?

• Sponsors (?)

I think 4.30s are prolly too steep at least for an auto because I sometimes shift into OD right before I cross the line or a just a hair after wich is a NO NO if you want to keep you transmission together.

That's why you're suposed to turn you O/D off before you run it down the track goof ball. :D

Since you need to replace you're drag radials anyway, I'd swap out to a slightly taller tire, instead of stepping back to 3.90 or 3.73 gears if I were you. That'll keep you from bouncing off the rev limiter at the top end and increase your trap speed at the same time. It's cheaper than a gear swap and it'll still give you plenty to play with on the steet.

Thomas is correct, the 4.30's will seriously hurt making boost. RPM does not make boost, load does. Load is what gets the exhaust gas velocity up and then the turbine speed follows suit. Turbos like smaller gears.

Never really thought about any of that. Makes perfect sence though. Oh well, at least I've still got the factory 3.55's so changing them back will only involve time and not very much money. But for now the 4.30's are cool (not really effecient, just cool) The good thing is that with the 6spd, I can still cruise at 80mph at just over 2800 RPM. Thanks for the info though...:hail2:

That's why you're suposed to turn you O/D off before you run it down the track goof ball. :D

Since you need to replace you're drag radials anyway, I'd swap out to a slightly taller tire, instead of stepping back to 3.90 or 3.73 gears if I were you. That'll keep you from bouncing off the rev limiter at the top end and increase your trap speed at the same time. It's cheaper than a gear swap and it'll still give you plenty to play with on the steet.

I did have it turned off one time and it hit the rev limiter so I just keep it on now and try not to let it shift into OD. I prolly will swap to a taller tire, but then wont my speedo be off.