Are lowering springs easier to install?

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I believe I have read online where lowering aftermarket coil springs are easier to install over the stock springs
If so, is it only because they are shorter in height than stock? or is there more to it?
LOL... I am sure most of you know why I am asking this......

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Really not too difficult if you have the proper internal spring compressor. You can get one for free from Autozone's tool loaner program. Here's a couple of pics from when I installed my Eibach lowering springs..........
Autozone's loaner internal spring compressor

P7020031.JPG

P7010020.JPG

P7010026.JPG

P7010027.JPG

P7020028.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Huh. Never thought of using half a dozen large nuts as spacers with that tool. Without them, the center bolt his the k-member long before it compresses the springs. Nice workaround.

Usually with lowering springs I can get them in without any special tools besides a pry bar. The last set I did for a friend though did not want to go in without compressing a bit though. Compressed them on the ground and then put a ratchet strap through the coils so I could pull the compressor off. Worked perfect.

Not hard, lowering springs certainly easier purely because of reduced height. Others, OEM or drag spings taller, little more doing. Compress as much as possible with impact & spring compressor. Dont worry, rods on compressor will bow significantly. It's ok. you'll think they are going to snap. They won't. Once compressed, band them with something. I used chain. Use Maxinmum Motorsports tool (genius) to hold in A-arm spring cup. Raise A-arm & tighthen strut nut. Cut chain, use pry bar to fully remove. No way you're doing it with strut attached, jacking control arm into place Try bolting on an A-arm with nothing attached, fiddly bolt angle, pain in the ass. Then try with sping in place, few get lucky at best. Lift's car off ground, not safe. Pretty easy if you do it right.