ATTN: fog light people

97v6Silver

it came to $4.56 and i got $0.44 change from a 5,
Apr 22, 2003
VA Beach
ok i bought one of those cheap $20 kits from auto zone or somethin and they came with a C bracket for mounting i was wondering how you guys mounted yours because i can't even fit my midget screw drive with a screw under it between the opening where the fog lights are suposed to go on our cars :( so howd you guys do it? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Bought factory fogs...

I ran into the same problem when I had some on my minivan though. I used a nut and bolt and mounted the bracket to the bottom of the opening. You could also try a 90 degree screw driver.

alright, i had the c-brackets for my fogs...i cut the holes in my blackouts just big enough for the foglight to fit through, pushed it through the hole (which is already sort of a pressure fit) and bolted the c-bracket on to my foglight. so my c-bracket isnt mounted to anything, it just holds my foglight to my blackout...this way the foglights are aimed PERFECTLY and looks really good too

98_stang_guy said:
alright, i had the c-brackets for my fogs...i cut the holes in my blackouts just big enough for the foglight to fit through, pushed it through the hole (which is already sort of a pressure fit) and bolted the c-bracket on to my foglight. so my c-bracket isnt mounted to anything, it just holds my foglight to my blackout...this way the foglights are aimed PERFECTLY and looks really good too
Good deal. That's the only way to get things done is to experiment with stuff. I wouldn't know half the stuff I know if it wasn't for some sort of tooling around.

Immortal LuD said:
Man, I really want to purchase some factory fog lights for my '96 6-Banger... I heard it was a pain in the ass to install, and wire...

Is it really? :(

get cheap $20 fogs from autozone, they are cheaper than the oem GT ones, and they make your car look cooler, but dont make your car look like a GT, and i dont think anyones goal on this board is to make their car look like a GT...

I disagree. I love the look of foglights, and if I want my car to loog like a GT, I will.

I keep seeing these Stangs running around with these stupid looking fog lights, that look WAY out of place, and don't even fit in the bumper correctly.

It isn't my goal to look like that. :notnice:

Immortal LuD said:
I disagree. I love the look of foglights, and if I want my car to loog like a GT, I will.

I keep seeing these Stangs running around with these stupid looking fog lights, that look WAY out of place, and don't even fit in the bumper correctly.

It isn't my goal to look like that. :notnice:

i took a few pictures of my car, didnt get the film developed or pictures scanned yet, but i am about 99% sure that you'll change your mind when you see what aftermarket fogs look like if you take your time and do a good job with the install

yeah i like my fogs better than the stock GT fogs
not to mention, adding fogs to your v6 doesnt mean your trying to make it look like a GT, your just trying to make it have foglights, lol, which look awesome ALL the time, and they make it looks like the way the bumper is cut is actually for a PURPOSE!