AUGUST 7TH....BAR-B-Q/FUN RUN

SCORPION

Mar 2, 2004
Seaford, DE
ok....I was supposed to get out of the Corps on 22 July, but there are...ummm...complications, so I will be getting out on August 9th and I would really like to do something that Saturday to celebrate it. I am thinking this:

10:00- Meet and greet at the Wal-Mart parking lot at the Nordahl exit on the 78. Nordahl is about a mile west of the 78. Seems like a good central meeting place for all those in SD County, but is negotiable.

11:00-(Being realistic as to not say 10:30) Roll out and head for Palomar and viscenity as per the designated route established by John for July 10th.

XXXX- Arrive in Julien (sp?) for lunch or just a piece of pie.

XXXX- Head back toward Temecula via 79 North, and the pop back on the 15 South toward my place.

XXXX- Arrive at my place for R&R and BBQ.

Just to forwarn everyone, I do live on a Horse Farm and my driveway is dirt so if some folks are totally opposed to driving their freshly waxed ride on a dirt driveway I totally understand and we can try for another "Final Destination"

I have another idea under my hat that might work if this is not good for folks that would involve Del Mar Beach on base. Yes, alot of plannning for that one on my part, but the beach is nica, plenty of parking and not very crowded.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I'll need some feed back soon as to start arranging, and for Kary to get off work for that Saturday.

Thanks all- Jason

• Sponsors (?)

That sounds like a lot of fun Jason. But dammit, im mid-reply saying yes, then I remember I am going to a buddies wedding on that date :bang:

Im not the biggest planner, my days off work are usually open. :shrug:

Hey Beau, how about ill let you borrow my camera so you can take some good shots and video for one of those tasty cigars???? :D

Jason, you will have to make it down to Qualcomm if you can here in the next couple of weeks. :nice:

I thought you were going to the wedding on teh 23rd? Jason's idea is for august 7th...are you one of those "rental-guests" or something? :D

lol but ya if you cant make it, i'll be cameraman again.

1990StangLX said:
I thought you were going to the wedding on teh 23rd? Jason's idea is for august 7th...are you one of those "rental-guests" or something? :D

lol but ya if you cant make it, i'll be cameraman again.

its two weddings. the one on the 23rd I will be in. The other on August 7th, is another friend of mine. Its dang wedding central this summer for me :rolleyes:

No takey the plunge for me just yet :D

The wedding on the Aug 7th is at 4:00 p.m. I have been kicking around the idea in my head about trying to make it, but I have to be in suit and on Coronado island by what 3:30, that would really be pushing it. Too bad its not around 7-7:30 like most weddings are :(

Edit- Okay your right, I am a wedding crasher..been doing it for years, Love the Champagnia (Christopher Walkens voice on SNL) :rlaugh:

I'll be hiking the narrows in Zion. :(

9959.jpg

:drool:

The whole thing sounds cool!
I really like the idea of ending up at Camp Del Mar on base.
That is a great beach that I'm sure most of these guy's haven't experianced (one of my main surf spots).
They have it all right there, BBQ's,palapas,heads,parking even snack bars and..........booze legal.

Oh, and Pierre, did you tell anyone about the "new Pony" in your stable?

Since you mentioned it Bill, Yes I do have a new pony in the stables. A lot of treads around and I wanted to find out if this Friday or Saturday that we meet???? Also Camp Del Mar is a nice place to spend some time; when is that going to happen???

And yes I'm still working on those bugs on the 88 LX but I found out a lot of good info on StangNet and the other site......will remain nameless for now

And Fred:

WHAT DO YOU FEED that 89 GT of yours????

M8KMDAY said:
Since you mentioned it Bill, Yes I do have a new pony in the stables. A lot of treads around and I wanted to find out if this Friday or Saturday that we meet???? Also Camp Del Mar is a nice place to spend some time; when is that going to happen???

And yes I'm still working on those bugs on the 88 LX but I found out a lot of good info on StangNet and the other site......will remain nameless for now

And Fred:

WHAT DO YOU FEED that 89 GT of yours????
I feed 91 octane most of the time but I have been known to put some 100 octane with a little over 1/2 a tank. :nice:

Fred :flag:

SCORPION said:
If the Del Mar Beach is the way to go then please throw a couple of pennies of thought my way.

We could head up north to the Ortega HWY, (maybe go up the 15 and come back on the 5,?) do that twisty run and come back to the base and go to camp Del Mar there to Q.
It's tougher to get on base these day's so we will all need a sponsor (a scorpion sponsor).
Isn't there even a new comissary (not sure if that spelling is right) on the west end of the base? we could buy our food and drink there and not have to haul it around.
All just ideas.

L8 MUSL said:
It's tougher to get on base these day's so we will all need a sponsor (a scorpion sponsor).
Isn't there even a new comissary (not sure if that spelling is right) on the west end of the base? we could buy our food and drink there and not have to haul it around.
All just ideas.

You have to show some I.D. and tell them where you are going but it's been a breeze to go on base. As far as the commisary you have to have a military I. D. (Scorpion, hint, hint....) to buy any booze or food..

M8KMDAY said:
You have to show some I.D. and tell them where you are going but it's been a breeze to go on base. As far as the commisary you have to have a military I. D. (Scorpion, hint, hint....) to buy any booze or food..

Hmm, I don't know if you have gone on base lately?
I have been going on, and surfing there for over 25 years and except for during the first gulf war and right after 9/11, the last year has been pretty difficult. I have been turned away quite a few times and have been told I need someone in active service to "sponsor" my day on base.
I've found it really depends on the M.P.
I wouldn't want to invite a group of people to the beach there, just to have them turned away at the gate.
I believe that Jason can leave a list of people with the M.P.'s office right there at main gate and everyone can sign in if asked to.
Again, just my $0.02 worth.