Authentic R Caps on 10.5" Cobra R Clones...Possible?

SilverStallion

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2000
Ontario, Canada
I am looking to add a set of 315s to my ride on 95 Style chrome Cobra Rs. My car is a show car and I need something that will look very close to the FRPP rims that I have now. These look close:
http://www.wheelreplicas.com/cobrar5lug.htm

Does anyone know if I will be able to use the Authentic R Centre Caps that I have now? This is essential and if I can't, I will have to stick with the 285s that I have now.

Anyone with info. or who is running the combo of Authentic Rs with clones, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks.
~Darren

• Sponsors (?)

May be hard to see in the pic, but I have 10.5 AFS in the rear with genuine Ford R caps. The front wheels are ford 9" rims.
Dsc01424.jpg

Dsc01385.jpg

My front wheels are replicas and my rears are from FRPP (long story involving a twisty road near a park, a duck, and the curb... one wheel ended up in two pieces, one with a spoke peeled back form the outside of the wheel but no damage to suspension etc. :shrug: ), i ordered two extra authentic R center caps as well and they popped right into the replicas. Should be fine.

StoneV10 said:
May be hard to see in the pic, but I have 10.5 AFS in the rear with genuine Ford R caps. The front wheels are ford 9" rims.
Dsc01424.jpg

Dsc01385.jpg
that's a sick car !!!!!!!...I currently have OEM 95 R..I'm thinking of getting a set of AFS 10.5 for the rear..how is the color difference between the OEM and AFS ones ? thanks

Was there any modification of the centre caps needed to fit or did they just pop right in?

Also, is there any place on the net to buy the real Cobra R caps? I would like to keep my caps but yet I would like real caps on my 2 rims when I sell them as well.
~Darren