Auto Trans Shifting Problems

Like Mike said in an earlier post- a trans shop to adjust the cable is likely needed
IMG_1929.jpg
So how could i do this myself? I honestly don't think the car would be able to get there because it stays in 2nd and on hills the car revs high but slows down a lot

• Sponsors (?)

So how could i do this myself? I honestly don't think the car would be able to get there because it stays in 2nd and on hills the car revs high but slows down a lot

I've been fortunate enough,that when I still had an aod equipped fox-that I could have the final adjustments made at a trans shop. Other than just making very small adjustments,I'm not really sure on how to guide you.. The video mike shared explains the 'How To' best.
check to see if the throttle valve cable that controls the AOD shifting is still connected at the throttle body. They are held in place with a plastic bushing that often breaks, and the cable then hangs. You can easily fry an AOD in a short time with the cable disconnected Even if it is still there I would recommend replacing it with a brass/metal bushing and cotter pin

The other thing to check is

fluid level- if too low it will not shift properly
TV cable adjustment- if not properly adjusted it will not shift properly. If the line pressure is too low, it will have delayed shifts and you can fry the trans. If too tight it will cause the trans to shift to soon.

I strongly suggest having a transmission shop adjust the TV cable unless you have experience doing so, as the proper way is to hook up a line pressure gauge and adjust it to achieve proper pressure. A way to ballpark it is contained in the following video, it will get you to the shop