Avenue A Spyware...

Mustang John

Founding Member
Aug 12, 2000
Cleveland, Ohio
Hey Guys, What's with the "Avenue A" spyware that keeps trying to load on refreshes? Jeez...

I refuse it access and the stangnet screens won't even load half the time. This truly sucks... I won't let them track my movements, and it screws up my ability to see things...

Do I have to be a paid member to get rid of this? I would gladly do so if that was the case.

Hi Michael

Ahh, several problems that are maybe unrelated. It appears that the browser hang happens sometimes while the browser waits for tribalfusion to serve up an advertising image.

As for Avenue A, it is a tracking cookie that is used by many web site advertisers. My Spybot software targets it, and the program control is detecting it as it is being loaded and executed. If you deny it, it seems to be hindering page loads, I notice that action on other sites that are "infested". Its a persistent adware cookie - The company responsible for it is now called "aQuantive Inc.". Shame, as this rif raf merely stalls your excellent site for many people who are cookie blocking or using anti spyware or pop up softeware

So, I'm often having a major difficulty navigating the site with my secure-ish system. This could of course be related to blocking other misc advertising cookies on your site as well.

You may have no knowledge I guess of it as these advertisements are hosted on other servers by thirdparties...

Also, I notice that (only on this site) certain words are highlighted and have a po-up that will actuate if you hover the mouse over it displaying an add, I'm sure you are aware of that though. Maybe?

I thought you'd want to know. Most people probably aren't as aware of this stuff and don't have the controls that I do. The price I pay for some semblance of privacy! haha...