Back In The Sn-95 Game With A 95 Gts!

95.0Stang

Feb 20, 2003
Kansas
I have been out of the SN-95 crowd for a while, and so glad to be getting back into it!

I am buying a 95 GTS, One owner, bone stock car and was looking for a little inspiration on what to do with it. The paint is nice except for the plastic parts like the spoiler, moldings, rockers, and stuff like that, so thinking about getting those painted first and then moving to subframes, suspension and wheels and tires, then exhaust, or something like that, I don't have my heart set on any specific order, but at the very minimum it needs to be lowered and sound nice!

You guys have any suggestions? I know these bodies like to flex and subframes made a world of difference when I put them on my old 03 back when I had it 8 years ago.

I did some looking and it doesn't seem like anyone with a 94-95 GT is working on a build, are they all built already?

• Sponsors (?)

Actually the 94/95 has a much improved stiffness compared to the earlier ponies by a wide margin. Some might argue that subframes are not really needed unless it's an all out strip car. Good places to make improvements are still the same though - the cold air induction and throttle body is a great place to start, then exhaust could use some breathing room...... the rest just depends on how you plan to drive the car and what your expectations are. Freeing up 20HP with low cost additions is easy at this point...... lots of good used parts out there now......

Blank canvases are always cool. I agree on the subframes, both my '96 and '02 benefited from them. I would also throw a set of 3.55s or 3.73s in the rear end to add a little pep. Definitely freshen up the suspension with springs, shocks/struts, and bushings as needed.