Back to the 50s in MN and THANK YOU!

Hack

15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2004
Minneapolis
It's back to the 50s weekend here in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

I just got my '70 back on the road after completing a 2" drop and Granada swap for front discs. The car drives great!! I love the disc brake feeling so much better than drums. Thank you everyone here that helped me so much! :hail2:

I never would have even attempted dropping my car, much less making shims for the upper ball joints and the Granada swap - without the help from the people here.

Like I said, it's the Back to the 50s show is here this week. For those of you who don't know, it's the largest outdoor classic car show there is. It's just amazing how many classics, customs, rods, etc. are here. The show only goes up to cars built in '64, but it's just a ton of car lovers.

I spent a couple hours cruising checking out everyone's rides. It was a blast! Especially with the new mods.

Thanks again!

• Sponsors (?)

I've been there every year(but this one) from when I was just a little guy with my dad and there were only like a Hundred cars there. Sure has grown and is an awsome show. Have even been kicked out with my 65 registered as a 64 1/2(doesn't hurt to try). It's a fun time only wish I had more time to see all the cars!!! :nice:

burg65 said:
I've been there every year(but this one) from when I was just a little guy with my dad and there were only like a Hundred cars there. Sure has grown and is an awsome show. Have even been kicked out with my 65 registered as a 64 1/2(doesn't hurt to try). It's a fun time only wish I had more time to see all the cars!!! :nice:
Wow, that's neat to hear. Good try on the 65! It would be nice if they open it up a little eventually. I'm satisfied with cruising by a few times and walking through. Maybe someday my car will be nice enough to want to show it.

My wife works at the hotel where the registration takes place and she said that they did 8,000 registrations yesterday. Not sure about today.

Hack said:
My wife works at the hotel where the registration takes place and she said that they did 8,000 registrations yesterday. Not sure about today.

Thats alot for the first day! It has got a little carried away though. We use to camp in the campgrounds by the watertower back when they had the Burn outs right at the corner there, that was cool! Then MSRA got their panties in a bunch and started layin down the law on everything, kind of takes the fun out of going!?
It's good to see others from this area that I can shoot the breeze with!

PS - Dad and I brought alot of cars up there over the years:
55 chevy nomad
29 ford roadster
32 chrysler sedan conv.
30/31 ford coupe

I didn't think of this before, but here's a website in case anyone is curious:

www.msra.com

I spent a while there today. Probably about 4 hours, and I saw maybe 2/3 of the cars. Maybe not that many. It's amazing how many cars were there. Quite a few plates from all over the US.