Backspacing with Lincoln LSC rear discs

tuhockey11

Apr 7, 2003
PA
I bought this car with the 5 lug and rear disc conversion already done. I have just recently noticed that the rears wheels stick out a bit more towards the rear quarters more than Id like them to. Car currently has 17" Bullits on it. Is there a simple way to correct this situation? Is it a known problem? If not, what backspacing of wheels would I need to make it look like a factory wheel? Im thinking of changing to black Bullitts instead of the Anthracite, so I might do that

• Sponsors (?)

The rear disks stick out 1.25" longer each side compared to a stock Fox Mustang rear setup. As a comparison, the Sn95 rear disks only stick out 0.75"

Sn95 wheels don't really have the right offset, but S197 wheels do. Problem is you'll have to mix and match Sn95 offsets up front and S197 offsets out back and the bullitts for these two wheels don't really match.

There are ways to mofify the lincoln setup to tuck it back in 1.25" using stock-lenght fox 5-lug axles and some cutting and welding.

What do you have up front? Lincoln Mark 7 brakes as well??

To be honest, a lot of people tend to stay away from the mark 7 rears due to this exact reason. Finding wheels that fight right is a PITA.

Yea, if it were me, I would have went with SN95 brakes...Up front there are SN95 spindles. What would I have to do to change it to an SN95 rear setup? Just axles, rotors, and calipers? Would they bolt in place of the LSC calipers?

You would need axles, and caliper brackets. Your calipers and rotors should fit the same, just different brackets. Let me know if you go that route. I'd be willing to take/buy the axles & brackets from the Lincoln rear.

Theyre not hitting the fenders at all, just look a bit out of place when compared to the fronts. Ill try and find some SN95 parts cheap, if not Ill just keep it like it is. Doesnt look that bad, just a bit off