Bad Ignition Module (Stator)??

• Sponsors (?)

your car will randomly die and won't fire up for a few minutes. mine would ALWAYS cut off when i left off the gas to take a turn and try to accelerate again..never failed lol..but yeah. you could also be driving on the highway or something and your tach will drop to 0 then come back up, like it died for a few moments. hope it helped

Mine cut out all of a sudden while driving home from the movies. It wouldn't start so I called AAA. By the time they got there, 30 mins later, the car started. I replaced the stator and it hasn't happened since.

When it wont start, check for spark and use a noid light to check injector pulsing. If neither is present, the PIP is likely (TFI wont take out injector firing too).

Good luck.

i found that when my stator was going out and i hadnt had the time to replace it, if my car wouldnt start, id get under the hood and pull the dizzy cap and spray some contact cleaner on the Stator and it usually worked (i guess it cooled it down)

thats just a way to bypass it like if you NEED to get somewhere and it wont start