Baer/Shelby Extreme + Brake kits

Is anyone running these 6piston calipers/14" rotor upgrades with 19" wheels?
I tried Tirerack, even sent them the template from Baer, and they have no 19"ers that will clear the calipers. Dont want any of the Shelby 20s, just too heavy. Trying to keep wheels under 25lbs ea. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Might try looking into a set of GT500 wheels, either 07-09 or 2010-11 to see if they will fit, they have to fit over the 14" Brembos that they have. The new Boss 302 Laguna Seca wheels are out as well for not too much money with the same brakes. I am not sure if the Baer kit is much bigger or not, I think the issue is with the thickness of the caliper, not the height. Roush 18x10 wheels fit over the Stoptech BBK so they might be worth looking in to, especially if you can find the forged ones, the cast ones I have are heavy.

I know the Roush wheels fit, because those were the wheels Baer had on their car on the website before it went all crazy. The problem I seem to be running into is I want 19" wheels that weigh in at 25 or so lbs. Most of the Shelby 20"s are up near 30lbs that i have seen. Guess I will have to check with Steeda or Wilwood. The only good thing is I am making plans for next years company bonus LOL this years went to getting the 'stang. Just brought her home 07 GT Prem. Black/Red int.

The GT500 performance package wheel and the Boss 302 wheel are both 19". I don't know how much they weigh though. The package weight on the ford racing website looks high, I would guess that is not the actual weight. how much are you looking to spend? CCW does custom offset forged wheels.

looking to keep wheels alone under $2K. I know I can get forged HREs that are pretty light, but not ready to drop $4-$6K just on wheels. If I had that kind of $$ I woulda got a 5.0 :rlaugh: The wheels I found at tirerack are the BE by Breyton GTS-AV Hyper Silver 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. They weigh under 25 ea, and cost about $255 ea. I'm gonna send tirerack the template for the wilwood 4 and 6piston sets and see if either of these will work with the BEs.

That Baer kit is a lot more than you need for autocross, just an upgraded set of pads on the stock calipers and rotors is plenty. Some Hawk HPS or HP+ pads are fine for autocross. HPS if it is a small, lower speed course and the HP+ if you are on a really fast course. The HP+ will squeak on the street though. If you want something that looks better, your best bet for brakes would probably be a set of GT500 Brembo takeoffs if you can find some on ebay. The Roush branded Stoptechs have been creeping down in price lately too.

unless you race the car 6 piton brakes with 14" rotors are overkill you will never need that type of set-up on the street ya it looks cool but is just a waste of money 3 or 4 piston with a 13" rotor is all you will ever need plus they fit on 18",19" or larger rims. Try SSBC 3 or 4 piston kits at AM item #535o1 part# A112-12R $1249.99 and SSBC has rebates right now on its kits until 04/31/11

I was checking out the wilwood 4piston set, looks good, GT500 set is an option I was looking at, as is the Brembo set from the 11/12 5.0. I think they are basically the same set. Any of these should be an improvement over stock, without being overkill.

I have ordered and am waiting for them to arrive:
Wilwood 6 piston 14" slotted fronts
Wilwood 4 piston 13" slotted rears
Wilwood front & rear stainless steel lines and
Wilwood e brake cable kit

I know some will chime in and say its overkill but I have 4 kids ranging from due in July to 16 years old and my 05 is supercharged and I for one think if your going to replace the brakes you may as well go big or go home. My car screws and I feel it should be able to stop as quickly as it can go.

BTW I am taking off a complete Brembo 14" front kit w front and rear stainless steel lines with front and rear Hawk pads and will be selling them if you are interested. They were put on the car 1 month before I bought it in May 2010 and have only 2000 miles on them and look like new. The only reason I am changing them is because Brembo does not make a rear kit and I am sooo anal that I couldn't have Wilwood on the back and Brembo on the front :)

I agree completely with you about having wilwood rear brembo front.. no no no LOL Thats why I am probably going to get the willwood 4p set. I still haven't sent the specs to Tirerack to double check the fit with the wheels I want, BUT, I wont be getting wheels till next spring, so I have plenty of time. What wheels are you going to be running with the wilwood 6p set?

I agree completely with you about having wilwood rear brembo front.. no no no LOL Thats why I am probably going to get the willwood 4p set. I still haven't sent the specs to Tirerack to double check the fit with the wheels I want, BUT, I wont be getting wheels till next spring, so I have plenty of time. What wheels are you going to be running with the wilwood 6p set?

I am rolling on Steeda Spyder 20's on all four. 275/30's in the front and 315/30's in the rear, all Nito Invo's.