Basic suspension setup? 99 SVT Cobra Vert

Josh95GT

May 4, 2004
Worcester, MA
I have a 99 SVT Cobra Convertible and want to put some new suspension on it. I am obviously looking to improve both the handling and the appearance (lowered). The problem is, as many of you experience, "money". I'm getting married June 3rd and will have a hard time justifying a large chunk of money on my car right now. (my friends have already given me a hard time of course)

I'm looking for a very basic setup of springs and shocks/struts. Does anyone have suggestions of a basic - low cost suspension setup?

Maybe just a basic Eibach pro-kit and Tokico shocks from Ebay or something? Any suggestions, input, feedback, etc.. is greaty appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

First thing I would do is make sure you get a good quality set of sub-frame connectors welded it- Especially with a convertible. I would recommend a set with cross-braces for additional stiffness. I have the Kenny Brown set with the matrix and jacking rails along the sides. Really stiffened up the body. After those, and a strut tower brace, then I would start looking elsewhere after your wedding. Congrats!