Battery Disconnect "in-line' Anyone Know A Gd One?

chgovfk

15 Year Member
Apr 17, 2007
AZ
Looking for an inline battery disconnect - for my 07' GT - not like those dragster ones - and not like the large flip switch types either - something I can splice in - w/a small disconnect button switch or slide ??- I think maybe steeda has one - but they want like $179 bucks - any help or suggestions would be great ....I have the most obnoxious alarm and 'kill' switch / hood lock combo ever - but the car 'sits' most of the time - and the system drains the poop out of my battery - and since you'd have to steal (2) two other cars to even get close to it - I figure I can just pop a switch in line .....let me know if you guys have any links to products .....thx

• Sponsors (?)

I found something like this for the negative side - anyone use one of these? $(KGrHqNHJBsE9BeuNpCLBPZ4zwWUEg~~60_12.jpg $(KGrHqNHJBsE9BeuNpCLBPZ4zwWUEg~~60_12.jpg $(KGrHqF,!nsE9fWp-1+fBPcerrvzbQ~~60_12.jpg

No that's not it - but thanks - that's a nice batt relocate kit to the trunk - I guy I know had this killer disconnect switch and I thought he said he got it from steeda - paid big bucks for it - but he was a contractor of mine for work - and I haven't seen him in yrs .....anyway I found one on EBay - $10 - looks like it will do the trick .....

I found something like this for the negative side - anyone use one of these? $(KGrHqNHJBsE9BeuNpCLBPZ4zwWUEg~~60_12.jpg $(KGrHqNHJBsE9BeuNpCLBPZ4zwWUEg~~60_12.jpg $(KGrHqF,!nsE9fWp-1+fBPcerrvzbQ~~60_12.jpg

I've used one of those switches on my TR7 for years to kill the battery during winter storage. There are 2 downsides, If you forget to turn it back on before you get behind the wheel, you need to get out of the car to do it. I always wanted to rig something I could reset from the driver's seat. The other downside is the same with all kill devices, you have to reset all of the computer options, radio, clock and the windows won't partialy open for you to open the door. They are inexpensive and pretty much fool proof.

Reactions: 1 user
I've used one of those switches on my TR7 for years to kill the battery during winter storage. There are 2 downsides, If you forget to turn it back on before you get behind the wheel, you need to get out of the car to do it. I always wanted to rig something I could reset from the driver's seat. The other downside is the same with all kill devices, you have to reset all of the computer options, radio, clock and the windows won't partialy open for you to open the door. quote]
Thanks tr7 for posting this / makes me feel better about installing it....- I've already bought it - waiting for it to be delivered ......out here in AZ - the heat can pretty much kill a battery alone - I like the thought of rigging something for the inside - that would be really cool - if only I had the time.............:O_o:........too many projects as is.......thanks again

No that's not it - but thanks - that's a nice batt relocate kit to the trunk - I guy I know had this killer disconnect switch and I thought he said he got it from steeda - paid big bucks for it - but he was a contractor of mine for work - and I haven't seen him in yrs .....anyway I found one on EBay - $10 - looks like it will do the trick .....
No problem, that's the only thing I could think of that we carry that you might be talking about.

Could be an old discontinued part, I could check for you if you'd like?

No problem, that's the only thing I could think of that we carry that you might be talking about.

Could be an old discontinued part, I could check for you if you'd like?

Thanks but no - let me try the one I ordered - It's pretty simple straight forward like TR7 said - i should be good.... - the one the guy had 'looked' pretty complicated - I think it had a trickle component or something - but I appreciate the help ....have a great labor day weekend....:nice: