Battery Relocation............wiring help

mytight95

Apr 11, 2003
Dothan,Al
I would like pics or an article on how to do this..............i have the main jist of the process down.......but i am uncertain on what to do with all the grounds that are (were) connected to the negative battery terminal in my car........

anyone with a stock sn-95 please post pics of the battery area......alternator wiring etc.............and anyone who has moved all this please post pics.......

i also wouldn't mind pics of engine bays with detail of wring etc..............just to double check myself......

thanks for your time........

jason.......

• Sponsors (?)

Dont have any pictures of it but... have the positive wire from your battery go to the starter, then the rest should be normal for the positive wires... I think I cut a section of wire off that went from the battery to the fuse box but I cant remember.

For the negative, I found a nice place inside the trunk to mount the main negative, then for the little ones on the battery it doesnt really matter where they are connected to as long as the part of the body you're going to hook them to is attached to the frame and the surface is VERY clean or rust/paint so you will get a good connection. Theres no real set way to hook the wires up, just as long as your getting a good ground you should be set. I have a little bolt going through a hole in the bottom of my drivers side fender (right under where the battery used to be), sanded the spot on the underside of the fender nice and clean to get rid of the paint, stuck the negative wires on the bolt, then stuck a nut on then end and made sure I got it tight.

ya i just did my battery,heres what to do ,take your mount out of the front and attach it next to paasenger side rear wheel,,i used two short bolts and one long one that came through hole in frame.I drilled a hole next to throttle line to run wire troughthen i ran a line 4 gauge,through hole into console,undid console to fish wire through then I ran the wire under back carpet ,up under back seat and into trunnk,,,to get wire under carpet i had to push a sharpended flat1/2 inch piece steel through to cut under it .it was tough..get some new battery connectors and install ofcourse...i ran a two foot wire from ground to metal obove frame behind back seat ,,scraped it and soldered it and drilled a hole and screwed it too..into the metal..be sure to run a fresh ground from the engine to the frame....i soldered my positive wire right to the original wires before i ran it back to the trunk...get about 14 feet of wire for the jobb and i recomend something even thicker than 4 gauge....i am going to mount a shut off switch some where hidden in my car to prevent .or slow down theft

chefster said:
ya i just did my battery,heres what to do ,take your mount out of the front and attach it next to paasenger side rear wheel,,i used two short bolts and one long one that came through hole in frame.I drilled a hole next to throttle line to run wire troughthen i ran a line 4 gauge,through hole into console,undid console to fish wire through then I ran the wire under back carpet ,up under back seat and into trunnk,,,to get wire under carpet i had to push a sharpended flat1/2 inch piece steel through to cut under it .it was tough..get some new battery connectors and install ofcourse...i ran a two foot wire from ground to metal obove frame behind back seat ,,scraped it and soldered it and drilled a hole and screwed it too..into the metal..be sure to run a fresh ground from the engine to the frame....i soldered my positive wire right to the original wires before i ran it back to the trunk...get about 14 feet of wire for the jobb and i recomend something even thicker than 4 gauge....i am going to mount a shut off switch some where hidden in my car to prevent .or slow down theft
did you have to mess with the fuel tank to attach the battery in the trunk?