Bbk Cold Air Kit

RRIPPER

Sep 1, 2001
SAN DIEGO.CA
HI, MY friend installed a bbk cold kit on his 98 GT , it came with no gasket that goes in between the Maf meter and the tube comming from the fender well so he put the wire screen that came off the stock air box inbetween the maf and the elbow there is a gap 3/16 . ON my 98 cobra I am running a WMS HIGH VELOCITY KIT WITH A 95MM PRO-M tHEY SAID NOT TO USE THE SCREEN ALSO When I run a K/N FIPK KIT THEY SAID TO GET RID OF THE SCREEN SO IS IT THE SAME ON A GT, CAN WE MAKE A GASKET WITH PERMATEX/ BLUE?

• Sponsors (?)

I did not use any gasket with my kit and had no problem whatsoever. However, it looks like the 90 degree elbow just in front of the MAF is causing the meter to make erroenous readings which is causing my car to run lean now that I have a supercharger.

Here's a pic of my BBK. I was haveing a hesitation in throttle response between full throttle shifts. So I hacked off the elbow and ordered a RF1045 K&N filter and made the air shield. Also I left the screen in so to smooth out the air. Throttle response is fantastic now and the intake tube is cool to the touch after a long run meaning it is getting most of it's air from the fender well.

:banana:

http://forums.stangnet.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=16686