Best 1/4 time with a stock block??

dderek

Feb 29, 2004
Im curious what people have done with stock blocked motors.
Dont care if its a 302, 306, 331, 347. WHATEVER, just no 351w based ones ;)
N/A, Nitrous, S/C, Turbo.. anything
Street trim, gutted car. drag car.. etc

as long as the block is a stocker.

I havent seen this discussed before, so go at it

• Sponsors (?)

Id guess well into the 9s or better... Remember there were days when aftermarket blocks werent easy to come by and guys still went 10s, 9s, and faster.

I might be doing a stock block stroker motor this winter... Looking for 10s with it!

Me neither, and I had visions of 10s on the 18" wheels, but that is going to be tough. It has been done before, but it takes years and years to get the car right for it. I will be happy with 10s on a slick launching it to the moon!

331 stock block, Nitrous, c9 heads it, [email protected]ld go faster once i get to actually spray the thing with the tw heads!

what the hell is a c9 head? and was that spraying?

im going to be running a 347, 9.5:1 or so.. custom cam w/ .605" lift on the intake
ported/polished twisted wedge heads, no smog/ac.. electric water pump. blah blah all that junk, id like to be in 11s n/a

im going to be running a 347, 9.5:1 or so.. custom cam w/ .605" lift on the intake
ported/polished twisted wedge heads, no smog/ac.. electric water pump. blah blah all that junk, id like to be in 11s n/a

its a stock 1969 windsor head:rolleyes: ...i was hitting it with a 100!

You should be well into the 11s...im going 11.65 all motor! You should go faster due to more displacement, ported heads, and bigger cam....only thing i have on you is more compression and im sure my car is lighter but who knows! I should be WELL into the 10s once i replace my driveshaft that exploded on me :)