Best Bang for the Buck?

exuviae1

Jan 10, 2004
I have a 2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT with the Brembo Brake Package, and 3.73's. I have about $2500 to spend. Whats the best bang for the buck I can get out of that. Currently the car is stock with about 5K miles on it. I was thinking barton shifter, airraid cai and sct tuner, and american thunder cat back, thats around 2K...just not sure thats the best way to go

• Sponsors (?)

For SURE....do the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back mufflers!!! Did mine on day one of ownership
of my 2012 5.0 and just love the sound! I would say barely street legal but without the dreaded drone!
Fantastic sound with all the pops and gurgles you would ever want. SOP says 10 hp and maybe better.
Do it!! Panhard rod must be removed for install. My local shop charged me $120 for the install. Keep your
old mufflers....just in case!!

I installed the american thunder axlebacks on my 2012 on jack and stands. It was a quick install maybe 35mins total. It does sound good, but i wanted more so i got the after cat to axle back pipe without resonators and will be deleting my cats when i get back home in April. Really don't think there is a gain in power 1-2 whp max. Axleback is for sound.

I ended up going with the Steeda Tri-ax shifter, roush axle backs, C&L cold air intake, and of course a local tune. All done by stang-hi performance in baton rouge. I am pretty happy with the results. Need some suspension work next.

Funny to hear people complain about the drone. I loved it in my fox body and could point out a 5.0 by sound anywhere in the area. I wouldnt know what to do without the drone. If you dont want it, go buy an effin Kia. Manginas need not respond...

I put the Steeda Tri-ax shifter and bushing on my '12 Boss. Greatly improved shifting. Also put the Steeda lowering springs on. Lowers it just enough so you don't lose you stearing geometry. I like the look of Steeda's CAI with tune. Will probably get that next.