BEST CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE ?

• Sponsors (?)

toplessmustang said:
fixing to change out my auto for the 5 speed. i need to know a real good, affordable clutch and where to order it from.

I've heard alot of good things about quarter masters, they're really light and I've heard they provide great holding power (or whatever the term is). I haven't used one but it might be worth researching.

I have a McLeod dual friction in mine for the last 10k miles. It has been absolutely badass. I have done so many braket tq's, 1/4 launches, powershifts, etc. It never slips, never goes soft, and have never chattered once. I got it for like $300 through the speed shop I had it installed, so you could probably find it cheaper than that online. Its rated for like 500hp, so you probably aint gonna break it anytime soon. :D

jtkz13 said:
I have a McLeod dual friction in mine for the last 10k miles. It has been absolutely badass. I have done so many braket tq's, 1/4 launches, powershifts, etc. It never slips, never goes soft, and have never chattered once. I got it for like $300 through the speed shop I had it installed, so you could probably find it cheaper than that online. Its rated for like 500hp, so you probably aint gonna break it anytime soon. :D

What pressure plate are you using? I just got that disk with a king cobra PP but its not installed yet. Hopefully friday along with my tremec and many other related parts :cool: