Best Gaskets for (BBK) Headers??

PuppyDawg

Nov 20, 2003
Boston,MA
Hey guys...

I just recently read a thread on this helpful site in regards to Stang owner that just installed his BBK Headers and got leaks on them already using the gaskets that came with the headers.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=475224

Now...i haven't mounted my chrome bbk shorties on yet, but i am a bit hesistant on putting the stock gaskets on...does anybody know a set of gaskets they'd recommend? In this same thread members shared their experience with the fel-pro's 1415, and mr. gaskets and they've caused leakage too...any suggestions on what set of gaskets i should purchase? thanks guy

• Sponsors (?)

PuppyDawg said:
Hey guys...

I just recently read a thread on this helpful site in regards to Stang owner that just installed his BBK Headers and got leaks on them already using the gaskets that came with the headers.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=475224

Now...i haven't mounted my chrome bbk shorties on yet, but i am a bit hesistant on putting the stock gaskets on...does anybody know a set of gaskets they'd recommend? In this same thread members shared their experience with the fel-pro's 1415, and mr. gaskets and they've caused leakage too...any suggestions on what set of gaskets i should purchase? thanks guy

Anything guys?.....i've done a little more research on what i SHOULD use....and have a good security with the fel-pro 1415's....but where can i pick up a fresh pair for cheap? (website? store?) thanks again guys

PuppyDawg said:
Anything guys?.....i've done a little more research on what i SHOULD use....and have a good security with the fel-pro 1415's....but where can i pick up a fresh pair for cheap? (website? store?) thanks again guys

Autozone has the Fel-Pro 1415's behind the counter, but if you go to their "performace" aisle where they sell the valve covers and Mr, Gasket gasket sets, you can find a set for the Ford 289-302.

I've used both the 1415's and the mr gasket ones and still have leaks.

I'm gonna try a set of copper gaskets next, as soon as i find out where to get some.

How did the TPS thing come out??