best intake/cams on npi motor w/ stock internals

o0akoni0o

Oct 26, 2004
Fremont, CA
Like the title says, what's the best intake and cams one can run on an npi motor w/ stock internals. I know there's the PI stuff, but I see guys going with comp cams and the works on some npi motors. Oh and remember this is on the npi heads, prolly ported, to leave room for a blower.

• Sponsors (?)

o0akoni0o said:
Like the title says, what's the best intake and cams one can run on an npi motor w/ stock internals. I know there's the PI stuff, but I see guys going with comp cams and the works on some npi motors. Oh and remember this is on the npi heads, prolly ported, to leave room for a blower.

If you're adding a blower, I'd worry less about the cams and more about the hypercraptic pistons. First detonation will leave you with a lesson in the fine art of motor rebuilding...

Having said that, blower cams are different from NA cams. Less overlap will help prevent blowing boost out the exhaust valve. So if you're going to run a blower, get a blower specific cam for best power. On the other hand, the blower cam's minimal overlap will hurt power on an NA engine.

Josh-'96 GT said:
If you're adding a blower, I'd worry less about the cams and more about the hypercraptic pistons. First detonation will leave you with a lesson in the fine art of motor rebuilding...

Having said that, blower cams are different from NA cams. Less overlap will help prevent blowing boost out the exhaust valve. So if you're going to run a blower, get a blower specific cam for best power. On the other hand, the blower cam's minimal overlap will hurt power on an NA engine.

what u mean by leave him a lesson??blowing up

the PI intake is your best option as far as price to power....the svo(frpp) intake would be your best intake for power, but its not cheap.

Cams you should look at are the comp H series for NPI heads.

Comp or Crower cams would be a good choice for cams. Some people are having good luck with the Comp 268's.

PI, Bullitt, will work. Fox lake is apparantly selling the P-51 with NPI ports as well so those could all be options. Depends on what you want to accomplish.