best mod for a 95 convert cobra??? please help

my cobra has pullies,cold air, mass air, magnaflow catbacks,and aluminum drive shaft. i get owned by everything, my friend has a stock 95 TA and it takes me no problem and my neighbor just got a STI and her brother is getting a M5 so i cant stand beeing handed to from kids who havnt even worked for their own car so something drastic has to happen. So im thinking a 331 would do the trick a cam and port and polish intake. does anybody know if a 331 stroker would help my car out i need to get into at least mid 13's

• Sponsors (?)

DoubleThePower said:
331 would be awesome except 1st thing i would put gears in it and i would put headers on it and it should open it up a bit more :nice:

If I were you, I'd just stick with the 5-liter and go for the goodies: gears first - 3.73's will do wonders. Then exhaust, a nice set of headers and either an H- or X- pipe (didn't look to see where you live, so if you don't have to worry about inspection go with an off-road pipe). Then start thinking about heads, intake and cam :banana:

Matt

$600 will take a sec. or more off your time.
nawz.gif
:D
NOS.gif

Yes, you need some gears.

Look into a single turbo kit. Some guys are making rediculous amounts of power with just a single turbo and 10+psi on stock Cobra motors. Check out Chris95SVT, he hit low 11s on the stock engine plus the turbo kit. Check out turbomustangs.com, theres a lot of info there. Best of luck showing those brats whos boss :nice: .

Heads, Intake, Cam, and a tune will make you proud of your car again. I'd do that first and see if it does the trick for you.

If you decide to go with a new engine, the CHP 347 stroker short blocks cost less than their 331 does. The heads and intake can be swapped to the 331/347 when you do that.