Best N/A mod before stepping up to a blower?

GA_StangGT

Sep 17, 2007
Commerce, GA
I'm considering a blower for my 4.6 auto. I've decided to get the following mods: Tuner for engine. Shift mod on transmission with tuner. 3.73 Gear (I do highway miles). Hi flow cats and mid-pipe to go with my glasspacks.

I'm not sure I want to spend what it will cost to add a blower on top of the mods I already want. I've been looking at the Ford Racing supercharger.

What would be a good cost effective mod with good gains to go with my mods listed above? I've decided to use MV Performance for all the work.

• Sponsors (?)

get a nice set of Cams, best bang for the buck, and will reap great rewards once you add the blower !
The shop told me that it might not be the best idea for a daily driver. I still like the idea of a slightly larger cam. The drag cars that shop runs is still on stock cams because of the class they run in.

I like the idea of a blower, but would also like to consider the options I have above what I want to do without going all out on a blower.

ive read a lot on cams and blowers... and a lot of people encouraged me not to bc the blower is capable of creating more power than the motor can handle anyways

Big negative there. Its all in the tune. Get a conservative tune and you'll be pushing 350-400 rwhp (depending on blower, pulley size, tune paremeters, supporting mods, etc...), which is a safe place to be. Although some are pushing 450 rwhp, but thats like a ticking time bomb.