Best Nitrous Spark Plug???

somersdp

Nov 16, 2003
WPB,Florida
I recently installed a Zex kit on my car and wanted a good plug to use. I switched from the stock Motorcraft plugs I always run to a colder plug, Autolite 3923's. The car has a BAD miss now and Im putting the old ones back in in the morning. They are gapped correctly and the little shims or rings are on the Autolites. What could have happened? I thought this is the plug of choice for the guys running nitrous. Whats the best plug to run all the time?? Thanks for all the help guys........

• Sponsors (?)

while i think your set up should work alright, Iridium plugs, while $$, are highly regarded by forced induction/power adder guys.

i think denso and NGK both are prominant in the iridium plug market (IIRC, one is a lot cheaper than the other). you will know iridium plugs cuz they are like 10 bucks a piece. LOL. they look pretty funky too.
i think many guys run regular old copper plugs with nitrous, but i dont know which ones. i posted before, figuring you would get a lot of responses.

ditto for what plug gap to run. i would try annealed plugs first (unless you got spare cash) and if problems surface (or others say otherwise), then try other measures (iridium, etc).

let me say that i dont have nitrous, so im no expert. i do try to read a bit about this stuff.
good luck and bump.

Im running the stock castings. E7TE's. Im taking the 3923's out right now and Im putting the Motorcraft in now. Zex makes thier own spark plugs for nitrous applications but I dont really trust a plug made by a nitrous only company, ya know. Are the Autolite 3924's good for nitrous use?? I know they are a colder plug than the 25's I use to run but are they cold enough?? I think Im gonna save up for the denso irridium set. Thanks guys

somersdp said:
Im running the stock castings. E7TE's. Im taking the 3923's out right now and Im putting the Motorcraft in now. Zex makes thier own spark plugs for nitrous applications but I dont really trust a plug made by a nitrous only company, ya know. Are the Autolite 3924's good for nitrous use?? I know they are a colder plug than the 25's I use to run but are they cold enough?? I think Im gonna save up for the denso irridium set. Thanks guys
3924's are essentially 24's with a longer thread for use with aluminum heads. 24's are for stock heads.
Denso's are the best but if you are on a budget then you could go with a set of 24's or 23's depending on your size shot.

Wait.......youre telling me that 3923's are different than just plain 23's?? I thought this is the same plug, just that people call them that. I guess that would explain why my car is missing really bad. Im running the 3923's in stock heads when in all actuality I should be running 23's, right?? Thannks for the heads up 89sleeper.

somersdp said:
Wait.......youre telling me that 3923's are different than just plain 23's?? I thought this is the same plug, just that people call them that. I guess that would explain why my car is missing really bad. Im running the 3923's in stock heads when in all actuality I should be running 23's, right?? Thannks for the heads up 89sleeper.
Yep you got it! No problem.