Best Place To Hook Up A Remote Starter?

• Sponsors (?)

Before I go hooking up a remote starter to the wrong posts on my '87 and fry something, I am asking where to hook up a remote starter on my Mustang with a High torque mini starter conversion?
Best answer: WHY?

eBay has remote starter switches with 6' leads and alligator clips ranging in price from $9-$40 + shipping.
See https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...h.TRS0&_nkw=Remote+Starter+Switch&_sacat=6000
Plan on spending +$20 to get something that isn't cheap Chinese junk...

Last edited:
In case I ever need to perform your Cranks but no start check list. I figured you would be the one to answer my question. I am getting all the tools together I would need to perform the check list tasks
The simple inexpensive tool for that is a sturdy screwdriver. If you try to use a remote starter clipped to the two main terminals of the starter solenoid you will burn it up an a flash. There is over 100+ amps of current in that circuit and it will burn up any wire smaller than the battery cable that feeds it. Therefore. you bridge those two terminals with a sturdy screwdriver. That's the basic starter test.

If you bridge the large battery side terminal to the terminal for the small red/blue wire, again a screwdriver is the simplest and most effective tool to use. There is less than 5 amps of current flowing through that circuit.

Reactions: 1 user
The simple inexpensive tool for that is a sturdy screwdriver. If you try to use a remote starter clipped to the two main terminals of the starter solenoid you will burn it up an a flash. There is over 100+ amps of current in that circuit and it will burn up any wire smaller than the battery cable that feeds it. Therefore. you bridge those two terminals with a sturdy screwdriver. That's the basic starter test.

If you bridge the large battery side terminal to the terminal for the small red/blue wire, again a screwdriver is the simplest and most effective tool to use. There is less than 5 amps of current flowing through that circuit.
The way I would have done it by the trusty ole screwdriver method, just had to verify. And I wondered about those small gauge wires of a remote starter handling the amps that would be drawn without going up in smoke. Thanks Joe