Best Shift Points for a 94 GT!!??

• Sponsors (?)

thats normal.. thats the limit of the CFM airflow the heads can push..for 5-spds, its not noticebale jus cause you have control over the shift points..but in a stock AODE, its Veerry noticable.. my car would pull to 5 grand before shifting into second, (3:73) w/ my autotragic..

if that wasn't bad enough, the eecIV pulls timing between shifts an the whole powerband ends at like 4,500-5k. e7s are boat anchors stock.... iron gt40's flow a lil better but race built aluminums: TW, edelbrock, AFRs etc.. are the bomb..

I cant remember for sure what my best shift points were when I was stock, but I would shift at 5000-5500 rpm with just exhaust to get my best run of 14.5 on street tires. I do believe I shifted the same stock and ran a 14.7

If the car is stock, then 4800-5000rpms is a good starting point. I always saw a slight increase in performance when I rev'd 1st gear a little higher than the rest due to the dramatic difference in gear ratios going from 1st to 2nd. When I had pulleys, exhaust, and gears I shifted it at 5250, and when I added the edelbrock intake and 65mm TB I shifted at 5500.

Shift Points for a stock '95 GT

With my stock 95 GT, I used shift points of 5200-5400 (depending on weather conditions), launched at 3000 RPM with lots of clutch feathering to keep the street tires completely planted and the motor from bogging during launch and trapped between 5000 and 5200 in third gear, again, depending on air conditions. That netted me times between 14.6 at almost 94 and 14.9 at 93, again, depending on the air.

Killercanary said:
Joe, I'm pretty sure he ran a 14.6 too. Did you ever run your 'vert when it was stock?

My cousin with the KB 94GT ran a 14.8 at 93mph stock.
Really? I thought he had an unusually fast car for some reason...? I'm probably wrong. Trying to remember everyone's times makes them all run together...

I ran my car about 5 times when I first got my license. My fastest was 15.15 - I forget the MPH. 60' was 2.11. My Dad got in the car and went 14.82 with a 1.95 60' on the first pass. I was so mad - when I was 16 I never understood how bad of a driver I was. :)

Joe