best stock fox??

The_Mo

Jan 21, 2007
hey ya'll,
i was interested in your opinions of what the best stock Fox body mustang is.

i am looking to buy one, and i am willing to pay around $4500-5000 for it.
what could i buy to get the best bang for my buck?

• Sponsors (?)

Personal preference and location... If i had it to do again, I would probably try to find a nice clean, strait notch of any year... Def spend the money on a car in good shape. moded cars are fun, but you NEVER know what your getting into, no matter what the previous owner tells you...

Well I got the best of both worlds, I have the computer out of a 89 (A9L) and the accoutrement of the 91 like ponies, folding all the way top, bigger front fender wells, except the bad is no tilt wheel( I don't care, its perfect the way it is anyway)

thanks for all the input guys.

so far i have been thinking of something along the lines of a 87-92 Gt.

but i dont really know much about them.
so if anyone knows of a better car for roughly the same price, please let me know.

thanks for all the input guys.

so far i have been thinking of something along the lines of a 87-92 Gt.

but i dont really know much about them.
so if anyone knows of a better car for roughly the same price, please let me know.

not gonna get many good answers to a better car than a mustang on a mustang site, lol

why stop at 92? 93's are identical. dont pay any attention to the "lower" HP ratings of 93's, ford just changed the way they rated HP which resulted in a lower number. yes they 93's have the hypereutectic pistons but that means nothing unless you are going to run significant boost...and even then its not a problem if you have it tuned well.

the only real benefits of choosing a 90-93 over an 87-89 is a *slightly* more modern interior with airbag, different HVAC controls, slightly different door panels and option of black interior. also they came standard with 16" pony wheels (91-93) but wheels are changed so often that things like that sometimes become non-issues.

you cant go wrong with any year fox mustang, because so many parts are interchangeable you can make the car anything you want, regardless of what you start with.

hang around these boards and also the few other good stang boards around the net such as corral.net...you will learn everything you ever wanted to know about these cars

look in my sig....it's the car I wanted since I knew what cars were.....then once I got it and learned about mustangs I would like to find a 89 for the mass air but I like the way mine runs......or a nice coupe would be cool to own