Best supercharger??

CONCRETEWARFARE

Apr 8, 2005
NEW YORK
Hey guys, I am thinking of supercharging my car but im not sure which one to go with. What do you guys think would be good for my setup and why? Also room to grow would also be good since I am always upgrading. My mods right now are:

Stock bottom end

Ported e7 (thumper)

Ported stock lower and shortened upper (tmoss)

1.7 RR

Long tubes

65mm tb

75mm MAF

#24 inj

Theres more but thats the basics.

• Sponsors (?)

Get an S trim.

I'll take an S trim over a turbo on a street car any day.

With that much power i wouldn't get all caught up in track times. traction, tires, suspension and driving variables make times hard to predict.
Some run 10's, some run 12's.

Which supercharger is best? Thats like asking which is better , blond or brunette? Its a matter of taste, style, use, application ect. ect. So I say Brunette um, er. I mean Kenne Bell... Great now I am confused.

Do you have any track times? How much boost is the v2 kit capable of?

Nah I dont have any track times yet cause my car isnt FULLY tuned yet and I cant turn my car past 4500 rpms BUT I would guess I would around 7.30s or so in the 1/8. As far as capablitly it can produce upto 20 # of boost so Vortech claims it could do less or more. I think it depends on your setup, I know when your engine breathers better it is harder to make boost than cars that are restrictive

Which supercharger is best? Thats like asking which is better , blond or brunette? Its a matter of taste, style, use, application ect. ect. So I say Brunette um, er. I mean Kenne Bell... Great now I am confused.

+1

Different people like different things.

I myself prefer roots blowers for that instant down low torque. Others may like centrifigals.

All up to your style and tastes.

I'm more of a redhead person myself

Hey guys, I am thinking of supercharging my car but im not sure which one to go with. What do you guys think would be good for my setup and why? Also room to grow would also be good since I am always upgrading. My mods right now are:

Stock bottom end

Ported e7 (thumper)

Ported stock lower and shortened upper (tmoss)

1.7 RR

Long tubes

65mm tb

75mm MAF

#24 inj

Theres more but thats the basics.

i ran a similar combo, i bolted on a SC trim vortech, made 5 psi out of box. made a huge difference in power. but it wasnt long before i wanted more boost and bought a crank pulley.

take it from PERSONAL EXPIERENCE. get the S trim first. its a little more dough but makes better power out of box. this is assuming you go with vortech.

with 5 psi on my combo (thumpers, typhoon, b-cam) it went low 12s at 112-113. i added a pulley and made 115mph, could have nabbed 11s i feel but i blew a HG with no tune.

if you get a vortech, i'd suggest the s trim, if you plan on a professional tune (which is highly reccomended) you wont need the boost retard box or FMU so you could get all the mounting hardware. vortech sells just that IIRC and find a head unit. get some 42s or bigger and get a tune.

but like i said, go for the 8+psi kit from the get go. i loved my 5 psi on my combo but i needed more after a month or so lol

Procharger makes better race blowers than the do street blowers.

Yes everyone does have their own taste in what they like/want.
But still for a regular street car, it doesn't get much better than an S trim.
You can mess with roots, turbos or prochargers, but i can gurantee you are making your life harder with no performance benefit, you can make over 500rwhp easily with an S trim, and that's above the blocks limit, but above and beyond, it's the easiest to get the car to run right, makes the most usuable power, known to be the most reliable, and likely is the least expensive.

Thats debatable

Yea?

Anyways as for blowers. Like said before a S trim is a good choice for a street blower, novi 1000 also nice. Most prochargers are junk until you get into the F1's and higher, well all but one but I cant remember the units name off hand. Kenne Bell makes a good blower, not really suited for a fox in my eyes. Powerdyne is the best....

Also seriously consider a turbo setup. I recently sold my S trim kit and other odds and ends to go turbo. I am AHEAD still about $200 and I have everything or at least ordered everything but a feed/drain kit. Plan on making about the same power, but with MUCH more torque and have the ability to reuse the turbo kit when I go aftermarket block and aim for 800 rwhp or so. Doing so with a T72 Turbonetics

Really have nothing against blowers though, my car made great power and was a lot of fun, just changing it up. Not many turbo mustangs around here which will make it nice also.

Yes it can be installed in a driveway.
A pro can do in 6 hours or less, so a back yard mechanic should plan to start it on friday and finish by sunday night.

If your car already burns oil, don't add the SC.
Depending on the mileage on the engine, i would consider getting yourself a better h/c/i setup instead.